“Birthday celeb”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with family.
The restaurant was packed so we were given seats in the basement.
Usually we order a large Platter.
Instead this time we ordered three different items and Lahmacun. We were also given complimentary salads, fresh bread, a portion of fries and apple juice for everyone. We had the best service! I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Ate with the family after a long day of sightseeing. Nice service and the food arrived quickly. A nice selection of regional food. The pitas and complimentary salad were excellent.
The Greek salad was very good and had sufficient veg

Reviewed 28 October 2017

So I am going to share you my experience from last night visit to Efes.
Me and my boyfriend were hungry and it was around 1.30 am, so we decided that one of the best choice is to get some Turkish food. Remembering that Efes is close by, we rushed there. We were said that there was no more table service which was understandable because of the time, so we started to queue to order take away. It was a bit busy, but nothing too crazy. We ordered 2 shish kebabs, I asked the girl if it was served with fries-answer was no, so ordered 1 portion of fries and 2 Cokes.
after more than half an hour-food was still not ready, we asked chef how long would it take, he grabbed the ticket from my hand and said it's coming. after few more minutes he was getting it ready, my boyfriend asked for NOT spicy at all and he still splashed a lot of spicy red sauce on it, my kebab was full of yogurt or something and totally cold because of that. no bag, poorly rapped. I asked about my drinks. chef was like -show me the ticket. I snapped that its in front of him. Same place he put it himself! as well i saw them quietly cursing because people wouldn't react fast enough to what they say. If you can't cope with stress and business being busy, you definitely shouldn't be working in the open kitchen where customers can see you. at that time we were really frustrated about their attitude and service and we left. half way realized that we've never got our fries!!!
I worked in restaurants before and I know it might be tiring or stressful but it's not an excuse to be rude or not doing your job properly!
To sum it up-never again!

2  Thank Enrika K
Reviewed 27 October 2017

My dining partner was born in Istanbul and thought that the food here was 1st rate. I agree.
It is not often in Central London that you are offered complimentary items before and after your main course. You are here and they are delicious.
For my main it had to be a Chicken Shish with a Shepherds Salad. Washed down with an Efes beer.
Everything was fresh, you can see the chef's preparing the food and I will certainly go back. It was excellent.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Although the Efes brand is now big in such short time frame, we are talking a mere 5 years. i would hugely recommend others as the taste in Mediterranean dish is very similar. the downside in this restaurant namely the branch in Mile End Road London is the counter staff are very rude and most importantly not proficient in English this would certainly cause a lot of uncertainty when collecting a take away. these efes retaurants are very cramped and overpriced compared to others! they are usually located in prime busy streets were parking is a complete nightmare, not recommended for families with children!