“Service could have been quicker but nice coffee”
Review of Cafe Rouge - 02

Cafe Rouge - 02
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Rouge - 02 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13,988 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Description: A contemporary French restaurant serving a tempting all-day menu of classic French dishes from steak frites and boeuf bourguignon to a selection of croques and baguettes ideal for a quick meal. Situated just outside the O2 Arena, to the right of the main entrance, Café Rouge is perfect for a pre-show meal or drink. Also located nearby is the Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park and Meridian Gardens. The nearest tube is North Greenwich on the Jubilee line and next to that is the North Greenwich bus station.
Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
“Service could have been quicker but nice coffee”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Coffee was good and prices ok.

Service could have been slightly faster, staff need to concentrate on doing one thing at once, i.e. We paid the bill and the waitress instead of bringing the change back went to deal with another customer.

Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“No Tip Added”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I always like places that do not include a service charge. Then I do not need to go through the issue of telling them to take it off the bill. Instead, it means I can actually give a tip! :-)

(I couldn't possibly give a tip if one was added on automatically because that is rude and attempting to play to the idea that I won't have the bottle to tell them to remove it - so I must show them that I do).

So here - I could give a tip for some great service. Event night at O2 but as was outside if dome then was seated quicker as most people stay in dome.

The steak was lovely.

Will we return - yes!

Essex, United Kingdom
“Wonderful service from Petra”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Trying to find a restaurant at the 02 Arena before a gig where you don't have to queue for ages is a bit of a miracle so after being seated in less than 10 minutes was a good sign of the service we were set to experience here.
I requested a comfortable seat as I am pregnant and it was duly arranged. Our server Petra noticed I'm pregnant and immediately offered her advice when I was enquiring about which steak to order. She was friendly and seemed genuinely interested in doing a good job throughout the evening, which is very rare in London and even more so at the 02. I've never had such good service by the arena and I go to many gigs.
The sirloin steak was cooked perfectly for me and the poulet breton was a hit with my hubby. Similarly the tarte tatin and tart au citron (which I had with a scoop of salted caramel ice cream) were equally tasty. The pain rustique bread basket was fresh and accompanied by delicious butter.
In future I won't dine anywhere else before a show at the 02. Highly recommend.
Also appreciated that a standard service charge wasn't added on to the bill so we could tip direct - and the amount we wanted. Nothing worse that being forced to give 20% to a lazy server. This girl deserved every penny.

• Visited December 2013
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Impeccable service”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Went here for breakfast on a Sunday morning as we were visiting the soccer dome near by. This restaurant is right next to the 02 arena. Had the best service in here. They weren't busy. The food was good my husband had the full English breakfast which was well presented when it arrived, I had the brioche and sausage bun which was amble for me. Yes I would go back . Restaurant very clean . Staff very helpful and happy :)

• Visited November 2013
“Cafe Rouge 02 Arena, London”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A very busy restaurant, too many tables squeezed into a small area.
Good food and good service though, wouldn't go back as it was just too close for comfort.

• Visited October 2013