“Nice Hotel and GREAT Value”

Grange Buckingham Hotel
Ranked #580 of 1,088 Hotels in London
England
“Nice Hotel and GREAT Value”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is a small hotel. I stayed one night after booking the Lancaster Hotel opposite which is a sister hotel. I was upgraded and had a large double comfortable bed with en suite facility. There was a TV with numerous channels. WiFi was available but, depending on your package, could cost extra. There was a safe in the room for your valuables.
The cost of the room only was £71:00 per night including VAT....great value.
A full English breakfast was available for £27:50......I gave it a miss...too pricey for me.
Continental breakfast was also available but I didn't take it either.
The location is just off Russell Square and one has easy access to local restaurants and sights.
I would use this hotel again...especially at this price but would have breakfast out.
Enjoy your stay.
The Sussex Strollers.

Room Tip: There are special offers on the internet so but be sure to check it out. E-mail the hotel and ask fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sussexstrollers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Newcastle
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed recently for work with a budget of £125 per night.

The location is great for our offices in Holborn, the room was large but very cold and smelt a little.

The room was also VERY noisy and I was woken up at 5.30.

Good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Second of Grange's Hotels on Bedford Place I've stayed in, and loved it. Booked in due to snow coming in, and upgraded to small suite on arrival. Really splendid, but don't think you'd get it for £75 in August....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy D
kent
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This hotel is in a great but quiet location. The service staff on the reception were all friendly. I am a very light sleeper and rarely sleep the whole night so as we were on the ground floor I did hear the phone ringing in the reception area several times in the night and hear the kitchen staff arriving in the morning but the bed was very comfortable and being a king size large enough for me not to disturb my husband. I would stay here again. Sorry unable to comment on the food as we ate out but it is great to have a full size fridge (with a freezer compartment) microwave and kitchen sink.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cunnisto
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

Been to lots of hotels in London with work but this is my favourite - rooms are quiet, has microwave so I can have healthy hot food whilst I'm away. Tv wasn't working properly - rang down and it was fixed in 5 mins and with a smile! Would recommend and obviously will be back soon too...

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Abi43
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

A very nice hotel, that was a 5 minute walk from the New London Theatre where we watched Warhorse.
Very nicely appointed, obliging staff and although the 'dining area' is small, an excellent breakfast was laid on.
Will be returning!

Room Tip: the website didn't allow me to specify a twin room and when we arrived we had been allocated a d...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bridgette B
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one night but it definitely was not worth the price and it definitely is not a luxury hotel but any standard. Our hotel room was in a damp and moldy basement suite. There were 4 holes cut in the tiles on the bathroom floor for some reason unknown to me but stubbing my toe in one of the holes was not pleasant. Also there were sealed windows in the room at about 8 feet up. If there had been a fire in the hotel I am pretty sure we would have perished as there was no way for us to get to the windows even if they could be opened.
The carpet was stained and had mold growing on it. I wore my slippers whenever I had to walk on it.
The waiting area in the hotel included two couches that had not only seen better days but were lumpy, worn and as a result uncomfortable.

On the positive side the front desk staff were friendly and helpful with storing our baggage when we arrived prior to the room being available. We sat in the waiting area for almost an hour while we waited for our room (I do not hold the hotel responsible for this) however when one of the on duty managers realized we were waiting so long he indicated that he would find an alternate room. He never came back and when we got our key to our room the cleaning staff were still in the room trying to finish it up.
All in all a terrible experience and I am advising my friends to avoid any Grange Hotel. I advised the front desk staff when I checked out that I was not happy with their hotel.
Final recommendation - at over $200/night you can get much better accommodation so do not stay here. I have pictures of the above and will be sending them and a formal letter to the hotel management.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple