“Don't waste your money!”
Review of Royal Guest House

Royal Guest House
Ranked #239 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I can't beleive this place survives. I've stayed in better places in third world countries! As another reviewer said i was also escorted down the road to another building (which i hadn't booked). Considering it was at 9.30pm at night i wasn't impressed.

It was a box room with the head of the bed directly under the window, minus the headboard! It was also very noisy due to the single glazing and busy, busy road. I hardly slept. One bonus was that the sheets appeared clean!

The bathroom was so small i couldn't actually dry myself without having the bathroom door open, and the skirting board was hanging off around the shower. Surprisingly the shower worked but made a noise like that of a fog horn!

Breakfast was next door in one of their 'other' hotels but by the time the morning came i couldn't wait to get out of the place. I couldn't even find anyone to complain to!

For £62 per night i would expect more. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 March 2012

First year university accommodation, well mines was better. Frayed carpet, small beds, rubbish duvets and rooms, no heating working in my room, no staff worth speaking of.

I arrived to be told I was elsewhere, down the street in some random building with no breakfast facilities so I had to leg it back up the next morning. This is not a hotel, it is a collection of rooms in different houses along the street. When I arrived the next morning for designated breakfast the 'manager' let me in then poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat down.After some lady in an excuse for a kitchen had decided she'd finished her text-athon for the morning she offered me some eggs. My colleague and I visiting for business declined and went elsewhere. Where people smiled and decided they wanted your business.

This has surpassed that hostel in Amsterdam as the worst accommodation I have seen, only because I didn't actually stay in the hostel but left within 10 minutes. this is not a Hotel, let not the few decent photos online convince you otherwise.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We found this Hotel several years ago and have been using it since If you are looking for 4 star accomodation this is not. for you but if you are looking for a reasonably priced Hotel this is the one,Convenient to 3 Underground stations and Bus services Nearby there are lots of restaurants and one of Londons Shopping Centres is 10mins away, It is aFamily run and all staff are very helpful.

Room Tip: Most rooms are small but clean.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patlac
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We booked a double bed room, but when we arrived they had zero double rooms available. Instead we got tiny twin room and no compensation for the mistake.

They could definitely wash the carpets more often.
Breakfast was simple, nothing special but ok. Location is good but that's about it.

There are many better places to stay in London for same price.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2011

The room was tiny and with a double and single bed in you could not move. The bathroom in the room smelt terrible. The carpet in the room was dirty, stained all over paint splashes everywhere. The Walls were stained with what looked like tea everywhere with dirt and grime all over. There were three rodent traps placed around the room. Building work taking place in the building next door so it was noisy, dusty and a rubbish tip outside room. There is no headboards on the beds or bedside cabinets or side lamps and the way we were all itching possibly flees. The person in charge would not help us and refused to offer a refund of £90.00 paid up front when booked. We ended up leaving to go to another hotel without a refund so paid twice. Please be warned

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Easy quick check in good location good transport links, my room was single room. it was clean with newly refurbished bath room. The WiFi was good in all over the building. But room was in front of hotel and was a bit noisy.I would prefer the room on back of hotel as there would be less noise.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ansar18
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We decided to stay at the Royal Guest House as we were going to GB40 at the Shepherds Bush Empire and wanted a place nearby just to get ready and to sleep after the show. When we arrived from Swansea after navigating The London Transport System we were 2 weary travellers. Imagine our delight when we saw just how close the place was to the venue! After carrying our heavy bags all that way we just wanted to go to our room and put them down and relax a bit. Unfortunately when we arrived we were told that these guys own 4 houses along that same road and that we had to stay in a house which was twice as far away! Absolutely shattered we then had to walk from number 47 to number 87 and we weren't impressed at all! We finally arrived where we were staying and were met by a young man who seemed more interested chatting on his mobile then looking after his guests. We got the key and found our room. It was a basement room, quite small and it had 3 single beds crammed into it. The decor left alot to be desired and the lamp shades were cracked. Apart from that though the room was clean and it did the job. Altho being twice as far as te first place it was still well within walking distance and we had a good night. In the morning we go up in time for breakfast but don't expect a full English. We were asked how we liked our eggs. And then got a plate of eggs and toast!!! But still it was better then nothing and it did the job! The rooms all have flat screen tvs in them and the bathrooms are quite modern. All in all it did what it says on the tin but don't expect anything mind blowing!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011