“Great value for money!”
Review of Royal Guest House

Royal Guest House
Ranked #237 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel before checking reviews for it as my boyfriend and I were just looking for a cheap and convenient place to sleep or 1 night. I was skeptical on arriving having read some of the reviews on the way to London. However I was pleasantly surprised on arrival! The hotel was clean and reception staff were nice. Room was on the small side but this did not bother us. Bathroom was also small but had a decent sized shower, something which is very important to my boyfriend and I! The location is a major advantage of this hotel. Less than 10 minutes from both Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush tube stations! Breakfast was also nice with very hardworking ladies in the kitchen! Overall rather impressed considering we only paid £65 for the night. Only a couple of minor things to note. The milk in our room for tea and coffee was off and don't ask the reception staff to call you a taxi. They won't. They'll call their uncle, who isn't a taxi driver and he'll charge you more than a black cab. But overall I would definately return!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Upon arrival we were escorted to a different hotel down the road but the gentleman carried my luggage. Excellent location. Rooms very small and we were on top floor so lots of stairs. We were happy with it. We just wanted somewhere clean to lay our heads.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I can't beleive this place survives. I've stayed in better places in third world countries! As another reviewer said i was also escorted down the road to another building (which i hadn't booked). Considering it was at 9.30pm at night i wasn't impressed.

It was a box room with the head of the bed directly under the window, minus the headboard! It was also very noisy due to the single glazing and busy, busy road. I hardly slept. One bonus was that the sheets appeared clean!

The bathroom was so small i couldn't actually dry myself without having the bathroom door open, and the skirting board was hanging off around the shower. Surprisingly the shower worked but made a noise like that of a fog horn!

Breakfast was next door in one of their 'other' hotels but by the time the morning came i couldn't wait to get out of the place. I couldn't even find anyone to complain to!

For £62 per night i would expect more. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2012

First year university accommodation, well mines was better. Frayed carpet, small beds, rubbish duvets and rooms, no heating working in my room, no staff worth speaking of.

I arrived to be told I was elsewhere, down the street in some random building with no breakfast facilities so I had to leg it back up the next morning. This is not a hotel, it is a collection of rooms in different houses along the street. When I arrived the next morning for designated breakfast the 'manager' let me in then poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat down.After some lady in an excuse for a kitchen had decided she'd finished her text-athon for the morning she offered me some eggs. My colleague and I visiting for business declined and went elsewhere. Where people smiled and decided they wanted your business.

This has surpassed that hostel in Amsterdam as the worst accommodation I have seen, only because I didn't actually stay in the hostel but left within 10 minutes. this is not a Hotel, let not the few decent photos online convince you otherwise.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We found this Hotel several years ago and have been using it since If you are looking for 4 star accomodation this is not. for you but if you are looking for a reasonably priced Hotel this is the one,Convenient to 3 Underground stations and Bus services Nearby there are lots of restaurants and one of Londons Shopping Centres is 10mins away, It is aFamily run and all staff are very helpful.

Room Tip: Most rooms are small but clean.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patlac
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We booked a double bed room, but when we arrived they had zero double rooms available. Instead we got tiny twin room and no compensation for the mistake.

They could definitely wash the carpets more often.
Breakfast was simple, nothing special but ok. Location is good but that's about it.

There are many better places to stay in London for same price.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2011

The room was tiny and with a double and single bed in you could not move. The bathroom in the room smelt terrible. The carpet in the room was dirty, stained all over paint splashes everywhere. The Walls were stained with what looked like tea everywhere with dirt and grime all over. There were three rodent traps placed around the room. Building work taking place in the building next door so it was noisy, dusty and a rubbish tip outside room. There is no headboards on the beds or bedside cabinets or side lamps and the way we were all itching possibly flees. The person in charge would not help us and refused to offer a refund of £90.00 paid up front when booked. We ended up leaving to go to another hotel without a refund so paid twice. Please be warned

• Stayed: March 2011