“Good location, helpful staff, clean rooms”
Review of Royal Guest House

Royal Guest House
Ranked #259 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Brisbane
“Good location, helpful staff, clean rooms”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Room was clean, although quite small for a supposed family sized room - perhaps bunk beds would have been a better option rather than 2singles and a double. Breakfast was generous. Tube station 10mins walk on the Piccadilly line - convenient. Good local restaurants. Friendly, helpful staff. Overall good experience.

Room Tip: If there is an issue with stairs request a downstairs room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Padua, Italy
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The B&B was as expected. The room and the bathroom were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was plenty. The staff was friendly and helpful. The position is a little bit far to the city centre, and the nearest underground station is at 10 minutes by foot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

booked into royal guest hotel only to be taken to sister hotel down the rd to be then told room not ready due blockage in toilet, told room would be ready by 4.30 did we want to wander round the shops - we were hot tired and thirsty and no we didn't. we also needed to get ready to go out. we were eventually given a replacement room guess where? hotel we had just come from down the road! the room we were given was nothing more than a box room with a double bed which was under the window and you couldn't get round ready so you needed to climb over to get out! and the room was right at the front looking out on the main rd - you guessed - sirens all night! oh and the pedestrian crossing! we had to have the window open as it was stifling hot which we had to prop open with a pair of shoes! breakfast - we were a bit late due to not having much sleep only to be rudely be told to hurry up and everyone to be out by 10.15 and didn't we know what time breakfast was served - sorry but we called it fawlty towers!

• Stayed June 2013

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel before checking reviews for it as my boyfriend and I were just looking for a cheap and convenient place to sleep or 1 night. I was skeptical on arriving having read some of the reviews on the way to London. However I was pleasantly surprised on arrival! The hotel was clean and reception staff were nice. Room was on the small side but this did not bother us. Bathroom was also small but had a decent sized shower, something which is very important to my boyfriend and I! The location is a major advantage of this hotel. Less than 10 minutes from both Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush tube stations! Breakfast was also nice with very hardworking ladies in the kitchen! Overall rather impressed considering we only paid £65 for the night. Only a couple of minor things to note. The milk in our room for tea and coffee was off and don't ask the reception staff to call you a taxi. They won't. They'll call their uncle, who isn't a taxi driver and he'll charge you more than a black cab. But overall I would definately return!

• Stayed May 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Upon arrival we were escorted to a different hotel down the road but the gentleman carried my luggage. Excellent location. Rooms very small and we were on top floor so lots of stairs. We were happy with it. We just wanted somewhere clean to lay our heads.

• Stayed February 2013
Gex, France
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I can't beleive this place survives. I've stayed in better places in third world countries! As another reviewer said i was also escorted down the road to another building (which i hadn't booked). Considering it was at 9.30pm at night i wasn't impressed.

It was a box room with the head of the bed directly under the window, minus the headboard! It was also very noisy due to the single glazing and busy, busy road. I hardly slept. One bonus was that the sheets appeared clean!

The bathroom was so small i couldn't actually dry myself without having the bathroom door open, and the skirting board was hanging off around the shower. Surprisingly the shower worked but made a noise like that of a fog horn!

Breakfast was next door in one of their 'other' hotels but by the time the morning came i couldn't wait to get out of the place. I couldn't even find anyone to complain to!

For £62 per night i would expect more. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2012

First year university accommodation, well mines was better. Frayed carpet, small beds, rubbish duvets and rooms, no heating working in my room, no staff worth speaking of.

I arrived to be told I was elsewhere, down the street in some random building with no breakfast facilities so I had to leg it back up the next morning. This is not a hotel, it is a collection of rooms in different houses along the street. When I arrived the next morning for designated breakfast the 'manager' let me in then poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat down.After some lady in an excuse for a kitchen had decided she'd finished her text-athon for the morning she offered me some eggs. My colleague and I visiting for business declined and went elsewhere. Where people smiled and decided they wanted your business.

This has surpassed that hostel in Amsterdam as the worst accommodation I have seen, only because I didn't actually stay in the hostel but left within 10 minutes. this is not a Hotel, let not the few decent photos online convince you otherwise.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business