Goodenough Club
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno liftmecklenburgh squarelondon housequiet squarebritish museumcontinental breakfastprivate parkinternational studentskings crossharry pottertennis courtsrussell square tubebrunswick centrefull englishthird floorsingle roomcommon room
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Needed somewhere within walking distance of Kings Cross but heading towards Bloomsbury, for a work visit to London.
This hotel was just the ticket, set in a range of buildings on the square so did not have the corporate image. Staff were friendly and helpful on checking in.
I had a mews room which was quiet at the back if the hotel and my colleague had a room looking over the square. It was a haven of calm and quiet yet only 10 minutes walk from the station.
The full breakfast served in the "large common room" across the square was excellent.
I would stop here again either for work or if on a personal visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived here with my mother for 1 night in April as we had tickets to see Blithe Spirit. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite overlooking the square. What a fantastic surprise! The room was absolutely gorgeous and we couldn't have asked for more. Staff very friendly and the rooms were spotless. Breakfast was also very yummy if a tad cold. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Helen M
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were placed there for a conference and were quite happy. It wasn't flush, but it was pleasant, clean, quiet and good enough. I love the location and would definitely stay again. Breakfast was good. We never tried the hot meals.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Krystinka
Reviewed 10 April 2014

When first arriving we were later than our original time which had been stated that we arrived by, this did not matter and there were no complaints from the staff as they handed us our keys (You get to choose how many keys you would like for your room). When entering the room everything is neat, in order and clean, they supply you with the usual - kettle, coffee, tea, fridge, TV, shampoo, shower gel, soap. All the facilities within the room worked wonderfully, the only problem was one night the shower wouldn't warm up, we went to the reception told them and they had it fixed within the hour! Sleeping there was totally quiet, due to never being to London before I was expecting it to be very loud as we didn't exactly pay thousands for our stay but it was lovely and we were able to sleep great. There were two staff in particular that helped us a lot during our stay, they were Tom and Ali. They helped book reservations for us, taxi's and helped us find our way round which was totally useful and appreciated! If you're going to get any member of staff's help I suggest these two as apparently when I wasn't there one of the other members of staff was a bit reluctant to help my friend book a taxi for her and my mother as it was only around the corner, we understood that but she is disabled and it is quite hard for her to travel around and that member of staff - I was unable to get their name due to them not wearing name tags - should understand that the customer is always right and that they are there to provide a service. Other than that our stay was wonderful! If I ever visit London again I would stop here again! The breakfast I would suggest that you go to the facilities across the road as they provide continental and full English and this is like a buffet so you able to go up as many times as you want and pick whatever you want, which was useful. The continental breakfast within the hotel shuts earlier on weekends than the one across the road which is open till 12 noon, but you are able to visit the one within the hotel at anytime of the day and they have a coffee machine, books and a computer within the room. Overall a wonderful stay and I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: I stayed in the room 694 which was turned into a family room. This room had a double bed and a single sofa bed and I paid around £600-700 for 4 nights - this included breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Emily S
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very quiet and pleasant location in Mecklenburgh Square. Apparently you can have the use of the private garden in the centre of the square (though mislaying a key will cost you £50).
Friendly and very helpful reception staff. Clean, comfortable room; towels with towelling on them rather than sandpaper; good water pressure in the shower; large and extremely comfortable bed (I am a very poor sleeper and slept like a log). Really, what's not to like?
Only the facilities if you opt for the continental breakfast - there are 65 rooms and the "Residents' Lounge" (ha!) where continental breakfast is served has three tables seating a total of eight people. But I note from other reviews that a good English breakfast is served in the main refectory.
I have had cheaper accommodation in London, but usually noisy, too hot, uncomfortable, or all three. I have no doubt I shall be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family