“A nice break-away from the city”
Review of Regent's Canal

and up
Shoreditch Street Art Tour and Workshop
Ranked #144 of 1,724 things to do in London
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We did a boat trip o one of teh canal boats from Litte venice to the Camden Locks - a 45 minutes ride along the Zoo and through some quite gardens. Peaceful and worth it. We saw quite some bikers and joggers, so going by bicycle may be a good option. It is amazing to see so much green in the middle of London!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We took the London Waterbus from Little Venice to Camden Town on Saturday afternoon along the Regents Canal - £29.80 for a family of 4 and it took about 50 mins and made a very pleasant change from the hustle and bustle of Central London. Definitely worth a visit :-)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had no idea regents canal would be on TripAdvisor. But is is and this is my review. I've been living in London for over 30 years. It was only 2 years ago I began cycling. I needed a new route to avoid the dangerous roads of London. It was only on a tfl map that I saw a canal cycle route. I gave it a go and I love cycling along the canal. It is extremely safe but best of all it's fun. I encourage other cyclist to use the canal path to get around North London (as regents canal is only in the north)

1  Thank JULIE A
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Many people walk the towpath or take the regular trips from Camden Lock to Little Venice. Occasionally the London Waterbus Company make the longer trip from Camden Lock to Limehouse basin (used to be Regents Canal Dock). If you have an interest in canals, London or history then this is a fascinating trip. There and back involves 24 locks and a 960 yd tunnel. The canal boat has to carry a driver, and commentator, and at least 3 lock assistants including one on a bike to ride ahead and prepare the next lock. Even with all this preparation it makes a long day and can only be done on a weekday when the canal is relatively quiet. The commentary is simple but informative. All in all a lovely day and good value for £30pp. It is not suitable for children

The canal is now managed by the Canals and Waterways Trust but they seem to be little better
the Waterways Board. The water is not cleaned enough and our boat collected one chair and various large items of detritus. Alongside, the were a few litterbins on the towpath but not one had space. They were all overflowing! My contention is that if rubbish is left uncollected then people will always add to it. This is a major failure of those responsible. This could be yet another tourist attraction for London but is is not being fully utilised. Memo to Boris : Make some waves!!

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We took the waterbus, but any of the canal tours would be great. You see a totally different side of London. We ended up at Camden Locks, which was another pleasant surprise. Great place for unique shopping.

3  Thank Lori G