“Good”

Ranked #491 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Russia
“Good”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Everything is all right about the hotel, except the location. It took me about 40 minutes to get to the centre (by bus, then by tube). Bus stop is right beside the hotel, but bus goes rather rarely in the evening and at night. But if you have enough time and are ready to wake up early in the morning that must not be a problem.

Breakfast is fine, the staff is friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Talliee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

As a freelancer, travelling for my work I often need reasonably priced overnight accommodation. A decent, clean, en suite room. The London Guest House was perfect for that. On the 'any special requests' section of the internet booking form I asked for a quiet room if possible and even one of the on site parking spaces mentioned. I got both. The friendly receptionist even moved his car for me, though there was plenty of parking on the street I prefer to have off-street when possible.
I paid £54 for a single room -- which considering the Chelsea Flower Show seemed to monopolize economy lodgings for miles around wasn't too bad. I didn't have time for breakfast, so cannot comment on that. I am often working in West London so would use The London Guest House again.

Room Tip: A room not facing the main road though the double glazing is very effective. There is no lift.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WiffyBoy
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed at the London Guest House while visiting a friend and doing some sightseeing in London. I booked a single room, so it was a bit small by American standards; but, by European standards and for the price, the room was more than adequate. The room was clean, including the bed and ensuite bathroom. I paid 50 GBP per night for a single room, and breakfast was included. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the front desk is staffed 24/7. Bus/tube access from the hotel is quite easy; I relied heavily on the buses and tube in order to travel to Central London. Overall, a very good, clean, and well worth your money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Scott S
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed here with my daughter. Clean room with ensuite, friendly helpful staff, free parking and a more than adequate breakfast. Was pleasantly surprised at the value for money. Easy access to buses and underground.

Room Tip: No lift, so have to carry bags if on upper floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue F
dorset england
Reviewed 26 February 2013

on arrival we were pleasantly surprised on how much bigger our room was to the photos online.considering there were 5 of us we didnt feel too cramped.did exactly what it said on the tin.clean,good breakfast and the staff were very friendly and helpful.would definately use again,so easy to get to, not many family rooms cater for 5 so a bonus for us.came for daughters audition at the university,this was perfect we dropped her off and hopped on tube to Buck house!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My sister and I have enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Our twin bedroom was clean, well-lighted, and nice. Only flaw: it was on the top floor and we had many suitcases to carry. Moreover, we could hear the customers in the adjacent room.The personnel was always kind and ready to answer to our needs and the hotel was in a nice location, just 5 minutes from the bus stop and not far from the overground and tube stations. The breakfast was very good. Value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tijeanya
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have enjoyed my stay in that hotel. It was really a nice hotel and just .5 miles far from my office. Bus stop was just side of hotel main gate . Morning breakfast was very good (for both vegeterian/non-vegeterian). Rooms are specious and Clean.The hotel staffs are very friendly and provided very good service .In my stay at London it will be the first priority.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor and south side are good because of sunny.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business