“Friendly nice hotel”

Ranked #504 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stay regularly at the London Guest House as it is a very short walk to the flat where my son and his family live. We have never had a bad stay. Rooms vary in size but always warm clean and comfortable. The staff on the desk are always helpful and welcoming. We have often asked for extra pillows and these are provided with no fuss. It is good value for money in London. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with stairs request a room on the lower floors as the stairs are steep and no...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank mah58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I actually did not stay at the London Guest House but was staying at a friend's house nearby. One evening, I experienced a bit of a travel emergency and happened upon the Guest House very late at night. The gentleman in the lobby was incredibly helpful and welcoming to me, regardless of the fact that I wasn't even staying there. Within just a few minutes, he graciously helped resolve my problem out of his own selflessness. Although ultimately I was not a guest, I would recommend the Guest House purely based off of my front desk interaction. It speaks miles about the level of service and hospitality of the establishment.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachel L
LGHhotel, Manager at London Guest House, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Rachel,

Thank you very much for your review.

Though you were not a guest at the hotel, it does not come to a surprise that you were treated in such a helpful manner. We make sure that customer service is number one priority, especially when someone is in need of assistance, regardless if they are staying in the hotel or not.

We make sure that our staff is as helpful and as attentive as possible.

We hope to see you in the near future as a guest!

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

My room was large as they only had a family room left but the bathroom was very small, the breakfast in the basement in the morning was a little unorthodox, with toast and beans/scrambled egg as the only hot option.
Staff were very frindly and helpful.
Rooms were very clean and tidy. good value for money at £75 per night in London.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nick W,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate the time you have taken out to give your feedback.

We are pleased that you found your stay comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Cassola, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Good value for money, close to my daughter's flat. Train to Central London at walking distance, bus 266 to Tube Station or straight to Hammersmith. Perfect if you look for a clean Bed and Breakfast without spending too much money. Central Line 20 minutes walk or five minutes by bus

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear guglielmo393,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay.

We are pleased that you once again found your stay a pleasant one and hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the London guest house to have a base to tour London. We were not disappointed! We were travelling with our 3 small children and stayed in the family room. There was a double bed, 1 single and bunk beds. The room was clean and bathroom too. Shower was fantastic best I've seen in a hotel in a long time! The breakfast was continental which we knew on booking so to get beans and scrambled eggs offered too was a real bonus. Toast, cereal, yogurts, fruit etc were all good.

Tube line is about a 15 minute walk but really clear and simple to find. The 266 bus passes right outside hotel so you can get to North Acton station very handy too that way. Personally walking in the morning to the tube was easy but we got the bus back after our day touring as little legs were tired. Ours too!

Everyone was very helpful in the hotel the only downside being on our first night there we wanted to go to the pub to have something to eat at around 7.30-7.40. When we asked at reception how long it would take to walk to the pub and if we would be ok to be served food we were told yes you'll be fine. Unfortunately when we got to the pub by 7.50 or so were told no under 18s allowed after 8 so had to come back to the hotel to order pizza! Would have been nice to have been told by the person on reception this was the law than put the walk there and back on 3 small children. We were unaware of the law.

This was the only downside of our stay but I'm writing this more to save someone else being caught out like we were.

We really enjoyed our stay there, would most definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay reasonably close to London without being in the centre.

Room Tip: Family room was great for a family of 5 like us.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SylvainMary
LGHhotel, Manager at London Guest House, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear SylvainMary,

Thank you for your very positive review of your stay at our hotel.

We are happy that you had a wonderful time and that you found your room more than satisfactory for your needs.

I do apologise for the problem you faced at the pub you attended as I had recommended this place to you. According to the law in this country, any child can go to a pub as long as they are with an adult. However, the pub themselves have this condition in place. They did not previously have this condition in place before. I will make sure that we do not recommend the pub in question to anyone with children after 8pm,

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Manager
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent staff, very caring and helpful (for example, a few extra charges were waived, rate for extension of the stay negotiated, I even got to choose a room when I arrived, since 2 rooms of the type I'd booked were available). Excellent breakfast (full English, included in the rate), though it had no variety. Decent, albeit small, rooms (I even had a convenient desk and a chair in my room, which was great for browsing the Net / working on my lappy). A downside is location - takes some 15 mins to get to North Acton underground station, though a main line station (forgot its name) is much closer. I actually liked a bit of extra walking, was good for fitness :) Also, same 15 minutes would take you to a Piccadilly line underground station (just the opposite direction), which would be a cheap way to get to Heathrow. There's a supermarket (Co-Op) very close to the hotel. Great value for money overall, can't complain really given the rate. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I liked my room, which I think was a single on the third floor (it has a convenient desk and a chair...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I booked this online from Australia and did not want to pay a fortune. Also as I was driving I did not want to pay the congestion charge or attempt to drive right into the city centre. Parking was very limited and I think I was probably one of the lucky few who got a spot. The staff could not have been more friendly and it was very clean. Broom cupboard is what springs to mind for the bedroom but at the price....... Very straightforward 5 - 10 minute walk to the tube station but I realise many people nowadays find that a challenge. Breakfast was simple but adequate......if you want a full English breakfast this is not the place for you. Acton high street is only 10 minutes walk away so plenty of places to eat and only a 20 minute tube ride into Central London. Although it is not the best place I have stayed in by any stretch of the imagination I would be more than happy to recommend it for people on a budget, who don't mind very small rooms and a basic brekky.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Paula,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

I appreciate that our single rooms are small but we have done this so as to provide a cheaper alternative than a double room - single occupancy rate which is still beyond people's budgets. We strive to give our guests a clean and warm room, which you have stated.

We are in the process of introducing full English breakfast but we do not know when this will be as we are waiting on the local authorities' permission and their guidlines.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and hopefully see you in the near future.

Manager