“Good value Hotel in London”
Review of London Guest House

London Guest House
Ranked #517 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 May 2010

The hotel/guest house is located in Acton town. To give it a higher score on location a tube would have to be a bit closer (you need to get a bus to get to North Action- 6min).
The rooms are tidy, clean, well equipped and with very comfy beds. The breakfast is simple, but tasty. We liked it as it was not you ordinary english breakfast with everything fried. Good choice of cereal, toasts, eggs, rolls and cookies, with fresh juice. The service is really good, it helps in keeping a almost "feel at home" atmoshpere. If you stay for a bit longer you might get wifi for free. A real nice gesture in our case. I wouldn't come here with a small child tough, there is no chance of moving around with a cot, trolley etc.
Significant plus: price for value (hard to beat in London), significant minus: none, maybe the location

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank Wolszczak

Reviewed 18 May 2010

We stayed at the LGH in April-whilst travelling to a gig at the Scala.Its positioning was ideal for easy movement around London-without having to pay any congestion charge.We literally arrived,parked and used the tube,which is only a short walk away-to either the Acton or North Acton station-dependent on where you want to visit.

Our stay was only for a couple of days and we were allocated an upstairs room on the top floor.
The only issues that we had were,initially,the head room in the room that we were initially given (I think it was number 304?) -It was a bit too low for us as it sloped,meaning that you had to crouch.Over a period of time,this would have been a bit of a pain.
Our stay in this room was short lived as the toilet in our room became blocked and nearly overflowed-other than a minor inconvenience,this itself was not a problem,because of the way that the issue was dealt with-quickly and decisively by the staff.

By this,i mean,we were moved to an alternative room straight away-bottom floor(this was a nicer room as it had more headroom!).I personally,wouldn't have been happy staying in the initial room whilst someone unblocked the toilet-for obvious reasons!

This in itself showed me a good level of customer service and would make me return to this hotel.

The only other,small issue that i had was the cleanliness of the bathroom in the first room.I looked into the sink and there was a creamy coloured slime inside the plug hole and on the back of the plug-I dont know what it was,but it didn't look very nice and I cleaned this myself...

There is a small parking area-which appears to be exclusive to the hotel.It is semi-secure as the 24 hr reception backs onto the office.This is a real bonus for a hotel-especially in London!
The room does have wi-fi but you hae to pay for this-no dramas...

All in all,i would recommend this hotel for its location,customer service,off road parking price.

I found our stay very good and your hotel was very well situated for our visit.With its locality to the Acton tube station,this was ideal for us.

The only issues that we had were,initially,the head room in the room that we were initially given (I think it was number 304?) -was a bit too low for us.Over a period of time,this would have been a bit of a pain.

You may be aware that the toilet in our room became blocked and nearly overflowed-other than a minor inconvenience,this itself was not a problem,because of the way that the issue was dealt with-quickly and decisively.

By this,i mean,we were moved to an alternative room straight away-bottom floor(this was a nicer room as it had more space+headroom!).I personally,wouldn't have been happy staying in the initial room whilst someone unblocked the toilet-for obvious reasons!

This in itself showed me a good level of customer service and would make me return to your hotel.

The only other,small issue that i had was the cleanliness of the bathroom in the first room.I looked into the sink and there was a creamy coloured slime inside the plug hole and on the back of the plug-not very nice and I cleaned this myself...

So,to conclude-7 out of 10-raised because of the customer service re the issue with the toilet!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billyray911
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I needed an inexpensive place to stay in the area for three nights while on business, and chose The London Guest House on the strength of previous reviews. I was not disappointed. This is by no means a luxurious hotel - my single room was essentially a converted cupboard (although with two large windows), and I was only provided with one small towel and a tiny bar of soap to last my entire visit. However, the owners/staff are very friendly, and were more than happy to help with any small request I had - extra pillows, blankets, etc. When my flight home was cancelled, they were more than happy to let me use the office computer to check for information. The breakfast is fairly basic - cereal, toast, fruit, tea and coffee - and guests are left to help themselves, which makes for a nice and relaxed atmosphere. There's also a microwave which is useful if you don't want to go out in the evening and would rather heat something up for a quick bite. I was travelling alone and felt very safe and comfortable here - there is someone on reception 24 a day, and the front door is kept locked, which gives you a sense of security and means there's always someone around if you have a question or problem. And despite the guest house being located on a busy road, I found it very quiet at night. There is a bus which amazingly seems to appear every two minutes and stops directly outside the hotel, going to North Acton Tube in one direction or Hammersmith in the other. So commuting into central London is very easy. Horn Lane is hardly a tourist spot, but if you want a cheap and friendly place to stay with good transport links, and where you can really make yourself feel at home, I would definitely recommend it. And there's a Morrison's supermarket just down the road, which is very handy..!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank nixjt
Reviewed 13 April 2010

My sister came from the Dubai for a few days and I traveled from the South.So we were 2 adults and 2 children.It was very convenient. Free parking, free internet, free breakfast.The breakfast though wasn't something great but then there was a fridge in the room and we had filled it with stuff for the kids.Over our stay, it was only 1 day that we stayed in the room the whole day. Having a shower and toilet in the room was also very useful as us sisters.
The staff weren't well informed of the whole area except the locations of the train/underground and the buses, but the whole area is full of shops and restaurants.There is a Tesco just near the North Acton tube station. There is also a Morrisons, Netto, Boots, Savers and Iceland only a few stops near the guest house. There is also a market on friday which was very interesting to see.
On the way to the guest house, we saw a big playground which is also useful when traveling with kids;but since we were staying only for 4 days the park wasn't on my agenda!!
The whole street is very lively and anything can be found there-petrol station, mini markets with oyster card top-up facilities(important as you don't have to buy a day ticket each day!)
The guest house is also very clean and inviting. They have a cleaning lady who is very nice.We did request our room not cleaned the first day as our stuff was all over the place.But when she did come in to clean, she left it as tidy as possible.
The staff is also very friendly, we saw the owners one day and they were all very welcoming.
My 2 yr old stayed free as we shared a bed but the other kid wasn't.We had a room with 3 beds which was alright in size.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank zeta74
Reviewed 9 September 2009

My son and I stood at the London Guest House in London for 3 nights. The hotel is very clean. rooms are small but comfortable with bath and small fridge and tea pot in room.The young men who run this hotel are hospitable, friendly, helpful and treated us very well. I would definitely stay here again. I felt safe and comfortable. Breakfast is included in the price and it's not bad at all. few blocks from metro and 4 houses down from the bus line.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank TXBear015
Reviewed 1 December 2008

I spent two nights at this guest house with my sister and my brother. Over all it was very clean and the staff were more than helpful, offering us to use their internet and their printer.

Breakfast was really not good. It felt very cheap with nothing cooked, just toast some fruit and some biscuits.

Our room was quite large (it was 3 of us) and the bathroom relatively small.

The area is (unless you have something very specific to do there) unremarkable. There is indeed a bus stop outside the guest house taking you to the tube station (about 20 minutes walk to the nearest one), but obviously yu have to allow about 1 hour to go anywhere centrally.

It was overall an OK stay - mainly because of the location and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Lovely people and breakfast was of good quality, plenty of choice and the staff watched to fill it up etc. Room was lovely and quiet even though hotel was quite full. Nicely furnished and very well priced. Overall very nice stay and would definitly return!!! Also very convieniently situated and easily accesible with a day travel ticket which is £5 for one day!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple