“Good food, great value in urban no man's land.....”

New City Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #2,392 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, great value in urban no man's land.....”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Spring rolls, sweet 'n sour chicken, egg fried rice and a beer for two - £ 21.

Very tasty and just round the back of Battersea Park in a grotty street - my tip, after 19.00 you can park free in front of the block of flats next door.

Excellent inner-City discovery.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lieutenant_Feraud

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Little gem”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I stumbled across this great little place by accident, I was so pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and great value for money, the staff are also really friendly, I had to go back the next night for some more.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank colin r
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Unexpected Treasure”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We chose this place because we wanted Chinese food and we couldn't walk any further. It's not much to look at, but there was a warm welcome, the staff were considerate, and the food and wine were wonderful and great value. If you are in the area, perhaps visiting Battersea Park, you might consider this a good place to meet up with friends.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Mark_and_Ann_Reilly
London, United Kingdom
“Warm, friendly service and fabulous food - eat in or takeaway”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It may not look very prepossessing from the outside, but New City Chinese Restaurant in Battersea is an absolute gem. The food is delicious, it's amazingly good value for money, and the staff are really friendly, as the other reviews will tell you: it's also a brilliant place to have a party.

I thought I would have my 31st birthday party here: I am SO, so glad I did. We had a fantastic evening, brilliantly organised by Tracy, for whom literally nothing was too much trouble. Tracy suggested a set menu, happily adjusted it to whichever dishes I preferred, and gave me a great deal on the food - even though the numbers changed, right up to the day. She could not have been more patient, helpful or supportive. When I arrived, the restaurant was decorated beautifully with birthday balloons and streamers - a really thoughtful touch. My friends were amazed as - for less than £20 a head, including extras and tips - plate after plate of steaming, delicious food emerged, in generous quantities, all delicious: we could hardly believe it!

It was a fabulous evening which many people still remember - and the warmth of the service, and the quality of the food, really made it. Lots of my guests have since returned independently to get takeaway... as have I.

Cannot recommend it highly enough - don't judge a book by its cover!!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Charlotte V
london
“Absolutely first class quality food - despite its location”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Best Chinese cuisine I have had in ages. We popped by this place on the way home from the West End, purely by chance. It is set in an unappealing location 150 yds west of the junction of Battersea Park Road and Queenstown Road and set back from the road and in front of one of Batterea's grim looking estates. From the outside the restaurant itself look a bit more like a canteen/cafe. Don't be fooled. The restaurant is clean and spotless. The food is first class, fresh and delicious. The staff are really friendly. We had the beef in black bean sauce and sweet & sour prawns with rice and their special chow mein (and it is special) and four beers, two plates of prawn crackers all for £24.90. I cant recommend the food here high enough and its value for money. Not a romantic ambience but we weren't looking for that. A real definite worth a visit restaurant. A real little gem:)

• Visited December 2013