“Quiet gem”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Village Taverna
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I regularly come here and am never disappointed. Normally I order takeaway, but I recently ate in with some friends. The food was excellent as ever, and my personal favourites are the lamb cutlets and the sea bass. We also had deserts, Greek wine and liqueurs and I could not believe how cheap the bill came in at! One of my favourite restaurants.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We normally book a restaurant in blackheath village before the fireworks display every year & this year all hell broke loose. We'd book 2 restaurants to be on the safe side (knowing how busy it gets) & both restaurants had double booked us & so we were left without a table or any food!!! We decided to head back to Lee, where we had always passed an appealing looking old fashioned resturant & decided to chance out arm at getting a table & some food there after the fireworks & we were so happy we did it. There was no wait for a table, it was so lovely & warm inside (much needed after our chilly night out), the atmosphere was so relxed, we almost felt like we were on holiday! The service was fantastic, the greek wine amazing, the food to die for & we even got a complimentary night cap before we left just gone midnight. It really made what started out to be a really awful night into a truly great one, highly recommended & we will return again :)