“You're never too old”

Ranked #44 of 824 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hamleys Toy Store is paradise on Earth for children, teens and adults. The magnificent seasonal windows, the displays and installations of various themes and the hundreds of toys create the “myth” of Hamleys and make children from all countries want to visit.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Being my first time in Hamleys I was surprised to find out that this store has 5 levels which range from baby toys to teenager toys. Hamleys brings out the inner child in you as you are literally surrounded by childhood memories and there is even a floor specialising in ps4 Xbox equipment. A great shop and a good tourist location

1  Thank Harry-Ross-Hughes
Write a ReviewReviews (3,029)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"wonderland"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I remember visiting Hamley's when I was little and finding it magical so I couldn't wait to take my 4 year old for the first time, and it didn't disappoint.
What a fabulous store. It has everything you could possibly imagine. Some things cost slightly more than your average toy shop but most items I felt were quite reasonable. In fact, we'd seen some of the same items much more expensive in Harrods Toy Kingdom.
A wonderful experience for all kiddies, we enjoyed it too!
Worth a visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Took my 4 year old daughter here recently and wandered the floors. She finally chose make a bear as a toy - using a my little pony. Relatively crowded and fun for the young ones

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We could have spent many more hours, we could have spent much more money. Loads of fun, lots of things to try before you buy. Lots of stuff you can't get back in Australia yet. So much Peppa Pig stuff my girl went ape. Big kids toys here to, you don't have to look to hard for that gift to give someone who has everything. Do they have snow in a box??? Wish I had enough room in my bags to bring that back to Oz.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A place where you can find all the toys you want to buy for everyone in the family, including yourself. It is a large toy store with many floors with dedicated toys catered for different ages; and a floor for girls - i.e. princess and hello kitty.

One of the most remarkable thing I find Hamleys is worth a visit is the Lego decoration at the top floor (during my visit). There were many cartoon characters and the Royal family members in Lego bricks form. It is just amazing to see how sophisticated the bricks can build anything!

Anyway, you need to be prepared if you are visiting Hamleys during the Xmas seasons. It will be crowded with people. Imagine a lots of children in a big toy store with many different toys for them to explore and buy!!!! Crazy!