Open today: 18:00 - 02:00
Review Highlights
Giggles a-plenty

Went to the Comedy Store just because we were passing and thought we'd have a look. had a really... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Braindamagedbaron
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
London’s Best Value Night out!

Reviewed 29 November 2023
TheRoliingMcStones
Yorkshire
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around London
from £15.50
from £22.00
from £25.00
from £18.00
1,329 results
All reviews great night josie lawrence improv night front row premium seats great acts improvisation compere audience tickets stage jokes performers material rows interval
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2023 via mobile

Never fails, this is the place to remember what it’s like to have a good laugh for a few hours, remind yourself that life is actually good, whatever the media tells us, and marvel at the brilliance of these amazing improvisers, away from the daily grind of politics, economics, violence, and warfare.
I feel a bit disloyal to the others but I need to mention Pippa Evans’ absolutely priceless musical monologue, of a London Ambulance Service paramedic!!
How did she do that, straight off the bat, and in a left-hand drive ambo as well!!
What a clever and funny lady!

Reviewed 28 November 2023 via mobile

Having been a regular at the previous venue on Leicester Square over 30 years ago this was a welcome return.

The venue is great, creating just the right atmosphere and the Sunday evening improv is just the same as it was, good fun and very clever, with many of the old faces still appearing.

Back in the day there was no food so this addition is great, and reasonably-priced, especially if you book a package in advance. The pizza was stunning.

Overall a great night.

Reviewed 20 November 2023

The compere (Imran) was very good and the comedians were carefully chosen to give a mix of styles. Unfortunately our evening was spolied by a group of people sitting directly behind us who insisted in arrrying on loud and inane conversations while the comedians were performing. I turned round and gave them a death stare on a number of occasions with no effect. I suspect there is not a lot a venue can do with this sort of boorish and inconsiderate behaviour, except perhaps employ more stewards.

Reviewed 15 November 2023

Well this was a Sunday night treat when generally theatre land is closed. Bought tickets on the back of good reviews for the 1st night of a short stay in London and we were not disappointed ( except for the drinks,I’ll get back to that).
From security to the all staff in the Comedy Store, everyone was so welcoming which always puts you in a good frame of mind for the evening ahead. It’s been sometime since we saw improv but it hasn’t lost any of its appeal with some time served comedians delivering the goods, a special mention goes to a local Lass to us, Josie Lawrence who put in a “bostin” shift. The audience also put forward some great scenes to be acted out.
I did mention the drinks, we ordered the bar food deal as we would not have time to eat anywhere else on arrival in the capital, the food was fine but we both had a pint of Orchard cider which at best was fizzy apple juice that quickly turned to just apple juice. Sadly this was followed by some very indifferent pints of Stella.
That was a minor grumble, don’t let this put you off, it’s a great value for money Sunday night out.

Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

Been enjoying the comedy store players for over 15 years and whenever I am in London will try to visit the comedy store. I have bought family, friends and friends from Australia and we always have an amazing time. I bought my partner for the first time on Sun 5th Nov and this was the first time I was worried about if someone would enjoy it as my partner is deaf with only 40 percent hearing so relies on lip reading. He bloody loved it! Aside from a couple of moments when the CSP covered their mouths as part of the improv as pilots and some hair over the face, he understood it all and laughed so much. I was so happy as it is always a worry sharing something you enjoy so much and having a loved one not enjoy it.

You are all amazing and we can’t wait to come again. The absence of the wonderful Andy Smart was felt and I want to extend my best wishes to the CSP for this awful loss.

Thanks for fun in such a sometimes hard world.