“Fantastic food, amazing restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Casa di Fiori
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had booked this last minute as a treat for my mum and to top off a girls day out. I was a little apprehensive as I believe the restaurant is fairly new so I wasn't sure what to expect but the reviews I did find were great so I thought we'd give it a go and we are so glad we went.

The restaurant is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street and it feels like walking into another world! The decoration is amazing, and you can absolutely tell that there has been a huge amount of time and money spent on making sure the place is just right. The glasses they use are beautiful and this added to the overall beauty of the place, perhaps not to some peoples taste but as a couple of girly girls we loved it!!

The food and wine were pretty special too. I ordered the trio of lamb and the trio of chocolate having read some of the reviews and I was not dissapointed ....... they were both amazing dishes! The Prosecco wasn't bad either!

Overall, a great experience, and like others that have been, its shame that more people haven't discovered it yet. We hope to have to fight our way in when we go back!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ClaireS2308

Naples, Florida
“Excellent Italian Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Tucked into a corner of this Oxford Street side street, Casa di Fiori offers a delightful array of tasty Italian dishes, primarily seafood with portions that are just right. I ordered the seafood pacchiri which came al dente with a flavorful seafood tomato based sauce. The second course, dover sole arrived with bite sized pieces of fish served over a vegetable puree with croutons that had an outside crunch with a softer interior. The accompanying rocket salad was dressed nicely with round wafers of parmesan cheese throughout. Combined with a glass (or two) of a dry white wine, the meal was delightfully satisfying. The millefoglie was beyond description with Chantilly cream and a spoonful of gelato topped with a crunchy brittle. Portions were small, but the price was not. Definitely a place to return to for a special treat.

• Visited February 2014
“Coolest breakfast place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Popped in one morning. Despite being quiet the service was excellent and so was the food. The interiors are exquisite and it is definitely a place for coming with the girls!

• Visited January 2014
Moscow, Russia
“Exceptional food in a fancy setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had lunch there, the food and service were exceptional. Had the place practically to ourselves – come on, people, give it a try, it’s worth it!
The fairy tale'ish décor might not be to everyone’s taste but it’s definitely not boring and if there’s a little girl in your group I bet it’s bound to become her favourite place ever ;)

• Visited January 2014
Los Osos
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

My daughter saw the ad for this restaurant in the "Where London " book in our hotel room. I'm so glad we tried it.
Decor is fun and way over the top. Love the Chahuli inspired chandeliers and blue theme.
The food was excellent and the service was incredible. The staff was charming and very welcoming
We were encouraged to try the sherbet ( "for the digestion ") by our waitress. It was exquisite and we found out it was handmade at the restaurant
I hope this restaurant catches on! We were one of only 2 tables of diners, although it was a bit early in the evening
Best Italian food we had in London We will go back when we visit London again