“Well worth booking!!”

Ranked #386 of 555 London B&B and Inns
CHESHIRE
“Well worth booking!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This place is not Buckingham palace but it has everything you need for ashort stay. It's right on top of padding ton station. The guys who work there are reallyhelpfull . If your out all day aggregate lace to stay. Very small of your planning to bein the room all day.

Room Tip: This place was very good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The location of the Hotel is perfect, near from the Tube and a lot of buses stops. The breakfast is nice, it is not buffet. The receptionist is really friendly, we were very happy with the choice, it is exactly what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Rolle, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 December 2013

First of all let's remember we are in a prime location here - a stones throw from Paddington Station. Secondly let's remember we are in a prime location in London. Thirdly, let's manage our expectation when it comes to budget accommodation in a prime location in London....?!
I wanted to stay close to Paddington, I wanted budget accommodation, I wanted a late checkout, and I wanted a single room price (i.e. less than a double as I was alone). I tried many direct approaches to hotel's in Norfolk Square and encountered many language issues (I am English), a couple of "we don't do single rooms, goodbye!" with no alternative suggestions, many "of course you cannot check out late unless you book for 2 nights!" - overall general unhelpfulness at worst and mediocraty at best.
Tony's House made a very, very fair offer of a single room with private facilities and a 4 pm (repeat 4pm) check out for 65 pounds - and made the offer politely and efficiently.
My expectations were set - tiny room, basic in every single respect and probably a heap of stairs to climb. I just prayed for cleanliness - but all I was to do there was sleep from late, til late after a lively Mayfair party.
Upon arrival, check in was polite and with a smile - room not ready, but I was early, so no complaint. I was also told it would be worth my wait as I was getting a large room. I was further told just before i went to my room that any issue at all, no matter how small, to report it and all and any measures would be taken to rectify. He then told me I was on the 7th floor (I knew there was no elevator) which stopped me in my tracks - my look of dread did the trick and he guffawed delightedly and said "Not really, second floor!" - sense of humour as well!!!
The room had 3 singles and a double bed - this was no single room - and there was still room to walk around! Decor plain but good, carpet fine, beds fine, bedding crisp and clean, and clean towels and basic toiletries on every bed. Bathroom was of the plastic pod variety but more spacious than others like this I have experienced mainly in French autoroute hotels. Window gave good light, and it opened and shut! Breakfast was delivered to room on a tray and was plentiful if not of the highest quality "continental fayre". But again - value for money.
As I started the review, I will end - No complaints at all - well done Tony's House for the service and the great value for money in a superb location in London.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Shaun321
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was given Room 20, top floor, they said "double", continental breakfast included.
First of all, it wasn't a double room, for obvious physical reasons. If I was able to penetrate the matter and walk through that filthy large single bed, or crawl up the ceilings like a spider, then ok, it'd be a double. But reality was that there wasn't even space to open the door to access it, unless the single chair was removed. What about this single chair? Well, this is one of the disgraces: the "breakfast" is served on a hospital tray at your door, as they don't have a breakfast room, there are no hot drinks served, there's no milk etc...They never state that, they don't say it in any of the hotel descriptions. Also, at the check in where they steal your money upfront, they ask you "at what time would you like the breakfast?" diverting the subject from the real scenario you will have to deal with: when you receive this tray (if you are lucky enough for nobody to have stamped their foot on it) you have to find a space in your room to eat the crap randomly laid on it. Hence the single chair (in a double room??) that you can't open if you have the bathroom door open. Oh, dear, the bathroom...but that's another story.... I'm sorry, I've already lost track of the appalling details of my staying in this [--] and in fact this description can't give justice to my immense effort in not pissing on the carpet (nobody would have noticed or cleaned it) after the manager refused to refund me the second night, which I decided to spend somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Francesco_Riso

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner booked two nights in September for a flying visit to London. It was £139 B&B for two nights.
Breakfast was cereal bars warm yoghurt biscuits bread rolls and dry crossiants , needless to say we went out for breakfast.
The room was small but served its purpose.
Shared toilet didn't lock
Shared shower dirty and couldn't move
We knew it wouldn't be great but it was cheap, as long as you don't want to do anything but sleep there then it's ok, it could have been a lot worse

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet and beautiful street near Paddington Station. The location is ideal for people on a short visit exploring London. Rooms are clean and staff helpful and polite. The breakfast, however, was a big disappointment. No dining room - the breakfast was delivered on the door and consisted of sweets and white, cold half baked bread rolls. With 5 people in the room and absolutely no extra place and no suitable table, eating breakfast became something next to painful gymnastics. We ate out.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 29 August 2013

On Saturday last I along with a friend embarked on our voyage to London in high spirits. Unfortunately what greeted us upon arrival in Tony's House Hotel ruined what was supposed to be a memorable night. The check-in was about as good as it got. We were given a room on the 6th floor that was only accessible by a stairway that was no wider than a chimney. After many a breather on the Everest like climb we finally reached our room. I inserted the key into the hole and after a strenuous effort I managed to wedge the door open. The lock part of the door was as worn as Lewis Hamilton's tyres would be after a Formula 1 race at Silverstone. I actually would have found it easier to gain access to an abandoned war bunker in Dunkirk. The room itself reminded me of the cheap hotel room in Trainspotting that Renton used when he was trying to ween himself off heroin. For one you could not swing a cat in it, there was an unmerciful draught coming in through the window, the bed sheets were stained with what looked like some sort of human excrete and we may as well have slept on a bed of bricks such was the discomfort. The shower could be best described as being bi-polar, lava like one second, ice cold the next. We went to reception to complain but found there to be no one available to talk to. When morning time arrived we bailed as quickly as we could, not before we were delivered a breakfast that even the inmates of HM Wandsworth would have dumped clean into the bin.

Great location but everything else about this place is well below the standards one would expect of a Norfolk Square hotel. Avoid!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple