“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! AWFUL!!!”

Springfield Hotel London
Ranked #985 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Devoran, United Kingdom
“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! AWFUL!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

You cannot call this a hotel you would be better off sleeping rough for the night! looks ok from outside but dont be fooled..... very very very dated and smells damp. Carpets need a good clean... so do the walls. windows broken, loads of stairs if not on ground floor. Rooms are tiny, stains on carpet, mouldy, shower in middle of room and needed a good clean- didnt even want to shower in it.,wash basin coming of wall, toilet so small you couldnt swing a cat and chunks of poo still on toilet brush, yuck!!! Hairdryer had smoke coming out of it when tried to use it, TV keep losing signal. Hallways are like dumping grounds for old beds and furniture.Breakfast..... well what a joke, make sure you have breakfast at 7am other wise you will get cardboard toast that has been sitting there for hours and english breakfast is plated then microwaved when needed and is all out of a can, couldn't eat it. breakfast staff very unhelpful, was made to sit with other peoples dirty plates. We are not fussy people but this hotel was the worst we have ever stayed in. Only good point was location 3 min walk from Paddington Station, you would be better off spending £30 more per night and staying in the Days Inn next door.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Springfield-Team, Manager at Springfield Hotel London, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear 30kay,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, your comments have been noted and the following actions have been taken.

1) Brand new carpets have been installed in all rooms and public areas.

2) We take hygiene very seriously at the Springfield Hotel and that is why we have a 5 rating ( the highest rating possible) for food hygiene. Our breakfast is prepared fresh everyday and we take pride in providing only quality ingredients.

3) our commitment to hygiene at the Springfield Hotel means that we have taken note of your concerns and have applied a extra special clean to the room you stayed just to make sure that it meets with our guests approval in the future.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked this hotel through Late Rooms for my daughter's modelling shoot at Blue Rooms. We also wanted a little weekend break before I was due to have our 2nd second.
The hotel had a discount to our surprise of 50% through Late Rooms so we grabbed the bargain. It was in a gorgeous location, easy to walk to other amenities, restaurants, shops, trams, trains. The hotel receptionist greeted up and allowed us to pay for our room before guiding us to our ground floor room as I had a buggy and was pregnant. The room itself was cosy, had satellite TV, plenty of tea and coffee making facilities, a vending machine in the reception. It was quiet although the room was a little too warm.
The breakfast in the morning was fantastic. The kept offering more toast and drinks. You could have unlimited cereals and milk.
The bathroom was clean and lovely. Warm shower. We even enquired about a take away and asked if we'd have to pick it up and they said no we could have it delivered to our room.
Overall I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I visited London.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Lauren M,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Springfield Hotel and took the time to inform other guests and travelers about it. It is the greatest reward to know that we have been able to meet your expectations and have made your stay with us an enjoyable one.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I had booked this hotel, I use the word "hotel" instead of sewer, early in February. When I arrived, with my confirmation email in my hand, I was informed there was no room for me. The guy who was supposedly the receptionist couldn't have cared less. He told me all the hotels were booked out because it was Wimbledon, mind you he had taken a deposit from me, then he just went home and left the mess for the next girl to sort out. She wasn't interested either. I eventually shared a room with my sister and her husband, well that was another bad experience, the floor sloped, I was afraid I was going to fall out of bed, the shower was held together with duct tape and was filthy, the hair dryer didn't work, there was no room for my luggage, which had to stay in the lobby, and there is no elevator and we were put on the fifth floor. God help us if there was a fire. I have not received my deposit back nor an apology. This makes Fawlty Towers look like a five star hotel DO NOT STAY THERE UNDER NY CIRCUMSTANCES? FILTHY PLACE And rude people running it.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms there.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear Disgusted751,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately your booking was cancelled due to an invalid credit card as was your sisters and during the busy period that was Wimbledon we had only one option and that was to offer you a triple room for you both. The deposit that you had paid was to a booking agent and not directly to the hotel.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service again.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I had the misfortune to book the Springfield Hotel for one night. What a terrible place. I actually rang last year to find out if they charged a deposit and was assured they didn't. Wrong I was charged on my credit card immediately and had to pay the international fee. I asked for a room on the ground floor as we were travelling with luggage and was told that as I was booking so early that this could be arranged. Wrong. We were given a triple room on the 5th floor. No elevator. My sister was travelling with us and had booked, had it confirmed and had her deposit taken from her credit card, No booking. The guy that I spoke to last year, was just going off duty and didnt care. The girl who took his place could barely speak english. My sister had to share our room. It was so small her luggage had to stay in the lobby. The floor sloped, the shower was held together with duct tape. There were dirty black finger marks in the pipe in the shower. This was a disgusting hotel and I advise anyone thinking of booking it please dont. The only thing it has going for it is location. There are several hotels near it. Go there. My friend stayed in the Days Inn next door. It at least had an elevator. There is a toilet on the first floor and it was blocked and one can only guess how long it had been like that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear retiredmumma,

Reviewed 30 June 2013

A great location but that is all. Paid for a double room £110 for the night. The room was tiny and so was the bathroom. Just managed to squeeze into the shower! It didn't look like the room had been cleaned before we arrived. The TV remote and the plug in air conditioning didn't work. The breakfast was the worst I've ever had. One teabag in a large pot of tea and u can the guess the colour of the tea. We were given cold toast and the full English breakfast was disgusting, cheap products used. I ate the egg (well over cooked) and beans and left the rest and had a bowl of cereal. On a positive note, the lady on reception was very polite and helpful unlike the people serving breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
Broughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is probably one of the worst hotels ive ever stayed in, looks very nice from the outside but that's where it ends, I certainly would not book here by choice but mine was an emergency stay with everywhere else fully booked !!!. Man behind the reception counter when I checked in was ok and pleasant enough. Fortunately my room was on the ground floor ( No lift only stairs to reach the other floors) but right next door to reception so heard all the conversations and comings and goings !!!!! , The room itself was large and spacious but the furniture was very dated , carpet didn't look like it had seen a hoover in a long time ( I kept my socks on and threw them away next morning ) Lights had bulbs in them but half didn't work and my window was propped open with a lovely shade of green builders mug the other matching was sat on the table with the kettle - it remained unused by me !!!! . The bathroom was awful and I didn't use the shower as it was black and full of mould - didn't even stay for breakfast the next morning as I couldn't get out quick enough !!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends