“Average at best”

Springfield Hotel London
Ranked #974 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The only plus point is that the hotel is very near paddington station, easy access within central London and many eateries and convenient shops near by.

The hotel is old and dated but is clean and well maintained. Staffs are friendly and helpful. We stayed here for three nights. The triple room located right behind the reception counter is really tiny, so is the shower room. We were lucky to have a room at ground floor as there is no lift and the stairs is tiny and steep. The bed is not comfy at all, something that you need most after a tiring trip.

The breakfast is simple and nice. Just enuff and sufficient to get us going. Be minded that the breakfast will not be served if yoy are little late - strictly before 9am.

But for the location and comperatively cheaper price, choose somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for Springfield Hotel London

Reviewed 17 June 2014

friendly helpful staff is the only nice thing i can say about this hotel stayed in a twin room very small not very clean and needed complete updating, shower really bad no hairdryer, cups stained yuk .

Room Tip: dont stay in twin room downstairs not good at all
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank 558disappointed
Reviewed 31 March 2014

the staff were very helpful the room was small the shower was hard to get working i had to get my husband to turn the controls the celiing above needed a go over as was flaking off water from the shower came out all over the place as head was held together with tape so floor got covered,the breakfast was not to good all i could eat was the cereal and toast the rest of it well if that was an english breakfast. the coffee was like mud and when you put milk in it was stone cold. the room was very hot at night the tv reception was not good. the bed was clean quite comfortable. the girls staying in the room next to us were slaming doors and not quiet so didnt sleep to good. we were in room 7.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula N
Reviewed 9 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Norma S
Reviewed 2 March 2014

when we arrived we were told we were to early to check in as the room was bring cleaned,when we eventually did check in the room was appalling,dust on every surface,grime in the shower and toilet,the toilet seat itself was chipped and had a green stain on it,there was slimy grime on the pipes and in the shower cubicle.on arrival the heavy sash window was held up by one sliding bolt,when i tried to release the bolt it was very stiff and when i did manage to udo it the window came down with such force i had to jump back to prevent breaking my arm.later when my partner went to use the hairdryer provided it didnt work,on closer inspection we found the plug was open with wires exposed very dangerous,there was also no lift facilities no good if you are disabled and on the top floor,we also had to find our room ourself as no directions were forthcoming.the policy of having to leave our room key at reception every time we ventured out made us very uncomfortable also.breakfast like the rest of the hotel was a letdown too,poor choice of cereals,full english was overcooked and cold and the breakfast staff extremely rude,we keep our dogs in better conditions and would recommend giving this place a wide berth

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicki W
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My father booked this hotel for us by calling them direct so when my sister and I looked online we were a little disappointed with the reviews.

At check in we were greeted by a friendly receptionist, the rooms were clean and spacious. The toilets may be a little small but they are sufficient. The breakfast was good as was the free tea and coffee in our rooms. In fact the whole stay was very enjoyable with all the staff being very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay again and we have already recommended this hotel to our friends who will be going to London in March.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ellena P
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I booked the Springfield as a last minute place to just put my head down after work drinks. I didn't bother with TA reviews as for £30 in Central London I was expecting a hell-hole

On arrival I was pleasantly surprised, very friendly receptionist upgraded my room to a double as they were quiet which was a welcome gesture. Check-in took a while as I had only booked within the hour.

I was in room 14, a very average double room with plenty of room, shower cubicle and a toilet. On opening the door there was a distinct smell of farts, the window was wide open and the toilet was full of bleach. I hope this wasn't from the breakfast! The smell soon went though so I didn't report this to reception.

When I returned from my work drinks I went back to the room and passed out as expected, this is where the night took and awful turn for the worse. A low price point obviously attracts people on nights out such as myself but it also attracts people who cannot control themselves after a few sherbets.

The was a significant event that unfolded in the halls and stairways right outside my room. It was bad enough for the police to be called who attempted to remove the revellers. I considered pitching in an telling them to shut up but to be honest I was cautious, I didn't want to provoke anyone. The whole thing went on for quite a while.

I fully understand that the actions of guests are beyond the control of the hotel however as I mentioned, with such a low price point there is always this risk.

I finally managed to get some sleep and woke up early for a shower which was ample despite the shower head constantly falling down.

i didn't have time for breakfast as I woke up late due to the events.

In summary - stay here if you need somewhere cheap, that's it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo