“Worst ever hotel!”
Review of Eaton Square Hotel

Eaton Square Hotel
Ranked #1,035 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is the one of the worst ever hotel in London!
DON'T make any reservation if you want any trouble or problem!
Everthing in the hotel is FAKE! Rooms are terrible! Staff are so rude and agresif.
KEEP AWAY while you have still a chance!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Luckyman M

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is the most disgusting place I have ever been to - and that includes dodgy dives in Greece.
It is not a hotel - it is the annexe and general dumping ground for Tophams Hotel a few doors down. A dingy, grubby hall way and stairs cluttered with hoovers, old folding beds and mildewed curtains is, apparently the owners' idea of welcoming decor.
If bare wires on a non-working shower room light rocks your boat, then this place is heaven - there is no extra charge for the life forms lurking in the shower itself. If a filthy carpet is what you like to cross in your bare feet, then be my guest. One brick like pillow, missing slats from the bed and a reading lamp on a shelf across the room - the Ritz this is not.
Don't waste your time complaining, since most of the staff have a rudimentary grasp of English, while those that can speak it, are not interested.
Quite frankly, this place is actually a health hazard, and (?) Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council should close it down instantly.
This 'hotel' deserves no stars whatsoever.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank AA091942
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

There were no internet connection, and even telephone, in the rooms! Haven't seen a four star hotel without it's own reception as well. Rooms are dirty and no soap in toilets. 1 star is way too much for it!

5  Thank Can A
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked this as a secret hotel deal.
The worst hotel I've ever stayed at. DO NOT GO!!
I arrived quite late at night, was shown to a different building from the reception and ushered to a downstairs room. It had no windows, not table for the light, no cupboards or hanging space for clothes. The bathroom was tiny and damp with no soap or shampoo supplied.
thankfully I was away early the next morning but didn't leave feeling well rested.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 1968martin
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked this hotel for 2 nights for a rate of £621.60 through Hotels.com prior to reading the reviews on tripadvisor. What a mistake. I emailed the hotel in advance, specifically requesting not to be put in the annexe and not to have shared bathroom facilities. They did not acknowledge my email.
When I arrived, I had to wait to be checked in because 3 staff were attending to another couple.
Meanwhile I was asked to wait as my room was not ready (this was about 8pm).
Another guest was checking in at the same time as me, and he was also asked to wait.
We were taken to the annexe, which is separate from the hotel (what I specifically didn't want). This building resembles a hostel for the homeless and desperate.
I was shown to room 3. I was quite amazed that the management had the audacity to charge anything above £25 per night for this room,never mind £322.
I informed the lady that there was no way I would be paying that rate for such accommodation, and she nodded and was sympathetic. I asked her if she thought the room was worth the money and she replied 'no'.
It looked like something a student would trash, and didn't even have a toilet in the room. This was outside in the passageway. (The other thing I specifically requested by email that I didn't want)
I wish I had taken a photo of the room, but was so taken aback by how bad it looked that I didn't think quickly enough. I thought maybe the reviews on tripadvisor had been slightly harsh, but no, the reviews are accurate, in my opinion.
I asked the lady to show the other gentleman to his room and then we would discuss my predicament.
They both returned a few seconds later and we were both taken back to reception.
The reception staff gave the other gentleman my room because he refused to stay in the room allocated to him, and I was asked to wait to see the manager. After a few minutes, there was no sign of the manager and time was marching on.
I was told that they had no other rooms in the hotel and that all the other hotels in the area were booked.
I phoned the nearby Grosvenor Hotel and managed to secure their last room, which was a junior suite for £600 per night. Ouch, but as a lone female at nearly 9pm I needed a place to stay.
I asked them for a refund, but was told that they hadn't been paid by Expedia (it was Hotels.com, I don't know if they are the same company) and couldn't give me a refund until they were paid.
I have since emailed three times and phoned the hotel to try to speak to the manager, but have not had a reply.
How this hotel is still in business is beyond me. The staff just could not cope with the reactions from the guests over just how awful the accommodation is.
The manager did not show his face during the 45 minutes I was there, when 4 separate groups of people were all complaining. Disgraceful!
This hotel should not be trading, please do not go!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just got back this afternoon from 3nights in London staying at Tophams in Belgravia. This hotel is advertised as s 4 star hotel.I've stayed in better barracks than this.The staff were very good and the majority of them could'nt do enough for you. But the hotel suffers from a lack of investment. The bathroom in our room was very small, to small to swing a mouse, you could'nt have got a cat in.You could sit on the loo and wash your feet in the shower at the same time. The bar was advertised as open from11 00 till 23 00 but ran out of white wine.When I asked for whiskey the waitress showed me what she had for sale I.e. 1large bottle of WKD and a part bottle of peach schnapps. We won't be staying at Tophams again and I'd advise other people to avoid the place as well.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jo272013
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This place, especially the annexe, is a vile filthy dump. No lock, or ability even to close or shut the toilet door looking out to a public passage!! Bare electric wires in shower!!. Junk tipped in room. No curtains. Window cannot be shut

This is an APPALLING place - the worst I have ever been to (including the outer reaches of India and East Africa in the 1970's/80's).

This place is dangerous and should not be trading.

I AM going back, but accompanied by a trading standards officer, prior to legal action.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business