“Feel that it is misrepresentation!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Eaton Square Hotel

Eaton Square Hotel
Ranked #1,037 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Feel that it is misrepresentation!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Booked this on Late Rooms that advertised it at a reduction of over £500 yes thats right, thought I was booking a bargain. Booked this for my son who had to stay in London unexpectedly. As mentioned in other reviews you book in at the hotel and then are taken to accommodation elsewhere. In this case, 3rd floor poor quality accommodation. He got a better shower from the skylight leaking window than in his actual room. Bed clean. Shower poor, and no plug in the sink. Didn't go for breakfast, enough was enough,
I am going to report this to Late Rooms, I do think that if its shows there is a price reduction of such a great amount it is misleading and the expections of the guest are quite high when the room is supposedly £600 per night!!

Room Tip: Read the reviews before booking this hotel and be careful of deals. Low costs and low quality
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank moirayeo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed in the Mews which is the accommodation at number 50, some way down the road from reception. Although you wont know you are staying there until you arrive. The building is 4 floors with 10 rooms all accessed via a staircase, no lift. When you enter there is a distinctive smell of sewage which does diminish as you climb higher. I and my colleagues stayed in rooms 6, 9 & 10. All the rooms are about the same, BAD.
Rooms 10, broken bed base, dirty towels, and I mean dirty. TV didn't work, cold 5 kw shower, very smelly and noisy electric macerator toilet. dirty cups no tea. no internet.
This rates as one of the worst hotels I have stayed in and I stay in a lot. Who ever gave this a 4 star rating didn't visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank elms_11
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel, based in Ebury Street in Victoria, looks like a bargain since it purports to be a classy hotel with 3 or 4 stars. In reality it is an annexe to the nearby Tophams Hotel which has similar pretensions. But Belgravia Mews is not finished yet. The public areas look great, all marble and new and shiny. But to check in you have to go to Tophams down the road. This is your first clue. You also have to make this journey when you complain which you will, a lot - and for breakfast.

I arrived and checked in. I was shown to my room, walking down the street in the pouring rain. The room looked great on the surface. But then I started noticing the things that were missing or not working. A kettle? Walk back down the road to tell them. A functioning TV and wi-fi as advertised? Walk down the road to tell them. The kettle duly arrived. But the TV could not be made to work. Oh and the maintenance man also had to fiddle with the heating to get that to work too. And the wi-fi? No. Also the bathroom smelt musty and the toilet was in what was essentially a cupboard.

I was moved to another room. This was worse. The TV worked but the wi-fi still didn't. The carpet was stained and filthy and this time the whole bathroom was in a cupboard. I complained again and was moved to Tophams into a tiny single room with no bathroom at all but everything worked, except a chest of drawers which fell apart. Too exhausted to complain any more I accepted this.

The next day I complained again to a manager and was moved again, this time to a decent room. It was cold but everything worked and I was finally happy and getting my money's worth.

But beware. This is a hotel and annexe with delusions of grandeur. They want to charge four star prices for one star service and facilities. It's all interior design at the expense of efficiency and decent service. The Belgravia Mews, at the time of writing, is still a building site. Unless you get a hefty discount don't book it and don't expect anything to work. You will get a very nice breakfast to be fair. But you will have to walk down the road, possibly in the rain and cold, to get it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Paul O
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I only stayed here because I had a special deal through LateRooms.com.

The young girls who showed me the room tried to be helpful but one could not speak English.

The room. Carpet was threadbare and stained - one stain looked like dried blood! One of the two twin beds broke when I sat on it - just as well the other was bed was OK to sleep in. Apart from the bedside lamps none of the rooms lights worked. There was no WiFi (which was contrary to what I had been advised when booking).

The Shower-room. It took at least 5 minutes for the central light in the shower-room to come on. There was no proper floor covering (just plywood) and no bath mat so I had to use one of the bath towels to stand on after my shower. The shower took a long time to produce hot water and the tap in the basin was very loose. The drains clearly must have been blocked as the water took a long time to drain from both the shower and the basis. Exit signage from the room was non existent, god knows what would have happened if there had been a fire! Breakfast was OK nothing special, congealed scrambled eggs not much choice. On the plus side - the bed linen and towels appeared to be clean, the staff were helpful. One final point I had to ask for a key to let me in the hotel from the street otherwise I would have had to go to the main reception at the sister hotel 10 houses down the street to gain access every time I went out.

Not worth the £65 I paid for the night!

Its a pity because this hotel has potential. If the management invest in new carpet and fixing the lighting and WiFi it would have been more acceptable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Roderick B
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We took a spontaneous trip to London now in January 2014 , and found this four star hotel on hotels.com. As we were short of time , and the pictures looked good , we went for this hotel. We really wished we had investigated this further before we left . When we arrived we met the receptionist.

After they had withdrawn their 50 pounds in addition to a price that others say here , we asked when breakfast was served. Then we were told that reservations through hotels.com did not include breakfast, even though I had proof in my booking confirmation from the hotel that breakfast was included. We asked what this would cost additionally, and they said it would be 19 pounds PER DAY per person extra for this. We felt scammed from the start.

Furthermore, we were guided out and around to the so-called Mews Hotel , which is a narrow , old, nasty building with no elevator . When we came up to the room on the top floor , we see that the room has a terrible standard compared to what we were expecting. This was an old room with large defects . Examples: door handle in the bathroom fell off when you went in there, washbasin and toilet was loose, the tiny TV that I guess was 14 inches did not work at all, half the lights in the room did not work, the walls of the shower enclosure went crazy every time you tried to close the cabinet , and every time you flushed the toilet it clogged almost every time.

In the ad it additionally says that Wi-Fi will be provided free of charge throughout your stay. The room we were given didn't even receive signals from the network for the hotel. I was dependent on the internet during our stay because I had planned to do some exam related work, but I therefore had to postpone this.

All this is in itself fair enough , it's not very bad to stay here. What is bad is that when you pay a price representing a hotel with four stars , and get a 2 star hotel , we felt that we didn't receive what we paid for. I would recommend everyone to steer away from this hotel, so trickery they are implementing will be stopped in the future. We will definitely not be coming back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter O
London, England`
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My niece was booked to stay at this hotel on 2 January 2014 as a surprise for a marriage proposal, they were allocated room Mews 6 - completely disgusting! Photos taken of the room actually beggared belief, dirty is hardly a good enough description. Damp walls, peeling paint, electrical sockets that actually contraved Health & Safety Regulations. When you run the water taps in the washbasin the water /waste level in the toilet rose significantly (obviously a problem with backwash which they weren't concerned with at all!!) They were offered two other rooms, second room was as bad as the first plus had an investation of flies and stank of sewerage and then the third room meant they had to share a bathroom with two other guestrooms. This hotel cannot under any circumstances be classified as a "5star at 4star prices". I've seen pretty rough 2 star hotels in London and this hotel doesn't even come close. Stark Warning - keep away at all costs, this hotel has been reported to both the Trading Standards Office and the Health & Safety Executive for the Westminster Council.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jennings01uk
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Room had peeling paint, mold patches, broken shower and lamps and noise from floor above. Staff not authorized to help, need manager approval, but he is unreachable. Breakfast uneatable. We were offered a better room on a higher floor. It was better, but still with broken fixtures and significantly overpriced. We left.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple