“Good location and breakfast”
Review of Albro House Hotel

Albro House Hotel
Ranked #679 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed 5 nights in Albro house hotel. Hotel is in a good location, next to Hyde Park and close to Paddington tube station. Breakfast was very good, fried egg, becon, beans, toast, sausage and jam. Rooms were clean, but rather small. Suggest yard view,as more quiet at night.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ly R

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stuff is very polite and helpful. Good that breakfast is always included in the price. Very handy for rail/tube/bus connections. Marble arch is walkable also but u can get a bus to Oxford street. The room was comfortable and clean. The heating in room was good. The TV has a lot of channels.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Olga L
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband on a holiday.

Pros - fantastic location close to the station.

Excellent breakfast provided by the manager and his wife.

Cons - There was a miscommunication in regards to breast milk storage although arrangements were made prior to or stay. The manager tried to help me the best he could, but there wasn't enough room in both the fridges in the hotel (one private and one in the kitchen). I moved out a day earlier as there wasn't a resolution and was told that the discount I was given was forfeited. Disappointing as I wasn't told before that there was a minimum stay to get the discount. Also, do bear in mind that there is a surcharge for payments via credit card. I can't remember the surcharge % as I decided to pay in cash.

The rooms definitely need updating and do try to get rooms facing the back. I had difficulty sleeping as the noise from the street was quite loud. Management should consider investing in double glazed windows.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachchick82
londonhost_10, Owner at Albro House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Beachchick82,

thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay in my hotel.

I would like to reply to your various points mentioned in your review.

As you said , there was definetly miscommunication about the quantity of breast milk you had to store.When you enquired you said "a small quantity of breast milk"to be stored in the fridge, to which we agreed.But when you arrived there was a "large quantity" of such milk.
As you said ,the manager tried to help as much as possible , using TWO fridges for your milk.

When you made your reservation you asked for a special rate (discount ) if you stayed a certain number of days.We did offer you such discount for an agreed number of days.
Obviously if you change your mind and reduce the lenght of your stay you break the agreement and in fairness we cannot give any more discounts.Sorry you are disappointed about this.

Credit card processing banks charge a fee for processing card payments, plus we have to wait some days before the amount is credited to our bank account, in the meantime banks charge
high interests on OUR overdrafts.I trust you appreciate the financial difficulties involved.

I am surprised about the windows.

All our front windows overlooking the main road (Sussex Gardens) have TWO windows , i.e.the traditional wooden sash on the outside and the heavy double glazed Everest on the inside.
When both windows are CLOSED they cut out the noise completely, where your windows OPEN perhaps ??
How could it be that YOU DID NOT SEE THEM ???

I can assure you that they are there , and have been there for the past 20 years or so, fitted for the comfort of our clients.Not many hotels in my road have them fitted !! I am sure this is an oversight on your part.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast provided by my manager and his wife.

Again thank you and best wishes to yourself and your family.

G A Caruso
=========
Owner

ALBRO HOUSE HOTEL.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

'Albro house is a cheap accommodation in central London, offering everything that is needed. The rooms are confortable; breakfast is available; a central line tube stop is within walking distance.
I enjoyed it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sara c
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. Good location and close to station. The rooms were in need of updating along with bathroom (mold). Wifi worked in lobby but not rooms. Breakfast was good. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank abbyaboo
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Really nice, clean and very good customer support. All the stuff is very friendly, the breakfast is really good and the location is incredible. I'll repeat for sure if I come back to London. If you are looking for a very good place with incredible prices, you have found it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sergio_perales
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a very warm welcome from Joseph. The bedroom was small, which is to be expected in London but clean. Each morning we chose the full English breakfast and found it satisfying and kept us going for several hours.
If you have alot of baggage, or heavy baggage, and there are just two of you, request room 2 as it is en-suite and on the ground floor - much easier than lugging it up and down the stairs.
Albro house is an easy 3 minute walking distance to Paddington station - a huge plus on the morning we left for home and booked the Heathrow Connect.
An excellent pub nearby is Taylor Walker at 109 Pread Street. The Steak and Ale pie was excellent after day of walking all over London.
My only concern, and it's more emotional, was they really need to get a professional to take a look at the fish tank in the breakfast room. It needs a simple filter and some light. The gold fish look depressed...

Room Tip: As for a ground floor room such a Room 2 to avoid lugging bags up and down. It also faces a small e...