“Great Management Poor condition”
Review of Albro House Hotel

Albro House Hotel
Ranked #684 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Excellent location close to Paddington station and Hyde park. Great place to use as a base to see London. The manager and his wife work very hard to ensure that the guests are very well cared for. A lovely breakfast to order can be had, though I think the 9am cut off is a bit rough on the night owls. The house is typical of the style in this area with steep narrow staircases and no lift, a bit of a hindrance for the mobility impaired. The whole building is in need of refurbishment, its condition gives the impression of old and jaded. In its present form, I believe the price reflects its condition coupled with the price per room and proximity to local amenities. In that I respect I was satisfied with the cost of my stay. The husband and wife management team are very conscientious in ensuring that guests are well fed and the rooms are cleaned every day. Their efforts however, are dampened by the condition of the house.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank April_Showers_1961

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We needed a reasonable hotel convenient to Paddington for an early morning train. Sussex Gardens seemed like a quiet, safe street. Our proprietress prepared breakfast 30 min early so we could catch the train. Thanks. Our room was quiet with all the basics. I almost didn't make it up the narrow stairs to the top floor with my bags. A tip - I was able to charge my cell phone via a usb port on the back of the tv! I would stay again, but perhaps ask for lower floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie1219
Reviewed 14 April 2014

this hotel is situated on Sussex gardens: Close enough for everything but far from the crowd. the manager and his wife were very friendly and helpfull.The breakfast was seved in a downstairs room and was prepared to the wishes of every guest.
The most negative point was the situation of our room: 4 flights up a narrow staircase and no lift. We had to carry our luggage in two times because it was to narrow to go up with a bag and a carry on. The room itself was small with a tiny shower. My wife is 1,55m and she could move in this shower but iI couldn't (I'm 1,81m) Sometimes there wasd a bas smell in the 'bathroom'. The fact that we were high up resulted in less streetnoise so we slept rather well with the window open.
It is a budget hotel and its is acceptable quality for this price.

Room Tip: Not the ones on the fourth floor!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Luc R
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Staffs were friendly and helpful. I booked a single room but they kindly upgraded me to a double room located at the floor, saving me from having to carry my heavy luggage (40kgs!!) upstairs. Room was basic but clean. English breakfast was good. Close to tube station, heathrow express and hyde park. I would choose this hotel again if I travel to London in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank G_Nephil
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was greeted by the wonderful Italian owner who couldn't be more helpful with my room and bags. I loved the room with a mix of traditional English and Italian décor. It was very safe, close to local shops and only one block from the tube. The English breakfast was the best I've ever had with beautiful smoked bacon and good eggs. Highly recommend. Thank you

Room Tip: Twin and double rooms are on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ozziefamilySydney
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed 5 nights in Albro house hotel. Hotel is in a good location, next to Hyde Park and close to Paddington tube station. Breakfast was very good, fried egg, becon, beans, toast, sausage and jam. Rooms were clean, but rather small. Suggest yard view,as more quiet at night.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ly R
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stuff is very polite and helpful. Good that breakfast is always included in the price. Very handy for rail/tube/bus connections. Marble arch is walkable also but u can get a bus to Oxford street. The room was comfortable and clean. The heating in room was good. The TV has a lot of channels.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo