“Fantastic value for money”

Regency House Hotel
Ranked #552 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Trying to find a room in London that sleeps 5, central location and within a reasonable budget seemed a task impossible - but then I found the Regency House.

As my title says, it's absolutely fantastic value for money. We just needed a base for the night for a gig at the Jazz Cafe in Camden - the hotel was just a short taxi hop away.

Was pleased with the little touches added to the room; bottles of water, plenty of tea and coffee, good quality towels, plenty of complimentary toiletries. For the price, didn't expect to be impressed, but I was.

The room slept 5 and was a very good size. Beds were very comfortable and we all got a good night's sleep (well, as much as you can with 5 sharing!).

Breakfast was good; full english, vegetarian or continental. Maybe not the best quality, but certainly ticked boxes for us.

Staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful.

Will definitely stay here again when I need a budget hotel that offers an extremely good service in London and would throughly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan P

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is in a row of similar hotels on a street between Euston and Bloomsbury, they don't tend to have lifts . I asked for a room on the lowest floor as I find stairs very difficult. They were very helpful and I had a ground floor room. it was a decent size for a central London hotel. The bathroom was very small though, and the shower controls fiddly. Everything seemed clean and I liked the bed which was very comfortable.
The decor was a little tired but not shabby, furnishings clearly not designed for the room. Plug sockets in short supply and very poorly located. I had to put the kettle on the carpet!

Breakfast was in the basement, cooked to order. Limited choice, literally the standard cooked breakfast and toast. No juice, cereals etc.
I needed a particular location or I think I could have done better for the £100 per night. The hotel is adequate and was warm and clean. Well located, though you have to stroll a bit to get to an area where you can find bars and restaurants but once you do there is loads of choice. (My advice is to turn right out of the hotel, take the next right, walk to the end and you are on the main Tottenham Court Rd and within sight of many places).

Room Tip: It is worth ringing the hotel rather than just book online. I found them very helpful and obliging.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank budgetstayer
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Great location for what we wanted to do. Only 10 min walk from Euston station & about 15 min walk from St. Martins Theatre.
Room was comfortable but it was tiring having to walk up & down from the top floor.
Strange smell coming from the shower drainage but not too off-putting.
Breakfast was really nice but no orange juice on offer.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Omri R, Manager at Regency House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Regency House Hotel.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We have noted your comments about the drainage and breakfast offer, which we have since addressed and improved.
We deeply value your feedback and we hope to see you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a small, comfortable and unpretentious hotel. It provides a basic but appropriate level of service. Staff are friendly. The location is excellent - just a feww minutes wal;k from Goodge Street Underground station. Oxford Street is a ten minute walk with Soho and the theatre districts not much further.

The room was 'compact' but complete with en-suite, a small TV and tea / coffee making facilities. A small basement area provides a breakfast area. No other meals are available but with so many restaurants nearby you would not need it anyway.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay
and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Good value for money , this hotel is in a good location about a 5/10 min walk from Oxford street and Shaftesbury avenue.the hotel was very clean, the room was spacious and airy, with good facilities in room, the staff are friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was plentiful , and very nice , if you wanted more all you had to was ask.
Would defiantly stay again.
The only thing I would not do is order a taxi from reception as they are very expensive, use black cab or rickshaw much cheaper.

Room Tip: Room at back very quite
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa H
Omri R, The Duty Manager at Regency House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Guest Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Regency House Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

We acknowledged your comments and we would like to bring to your attention that we now working with cheap and reliable Taxi offices.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Was delighted when we arrived at this hotel. Our triple rooom was very nice and really good value although the bathroom was very tiny. Help with carrying a our bag upstairs was more than we've had at some 4* hotels! There was even mineral water, fruit and biscuits as well as the usual tea and coffee. The location is brilliant -so handy for Euston, resaturants, British Museum and theatreland, However.........there was no hot water either in the evening or next morning! Breakfast was good although the basement room is a bit depressing. On checkout I mentioned the water to be told that it was currently being fixed!! No apology! When I e-mailed to expresss my dismay about the water I was off ered a discount of 10% which I thought a bit derisory.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank christina175
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This Hotel is clean and tidy and in a great location. Our room, no.6, was quite small but had everything we needed.
Breakfast was full English and was ok. On day 2 I asked for a piece of bread & butter and a sausage so I could make a butty but that seemed to totally flummux the chef! There is no bar in this Hotel but loads of pubs nearby. If you're visiting the Westend for a show you could do a lot worse than book this place - and its cheaper than the Travelodge!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple