“Excellent family-friendly hotel”

Novotel London Greenwich
Ranked #251 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Great breakfasts, lots oif choice, friendly and helpful staff. Great value for money and excellent location.

Room Tip: By the Docklands Light Railway which might be a disturbance in the summer with the windows open at n...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

I am truly happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and found the hotel location convenient for London.
I have shared your warm words with my whole team regarding their high standard of services. As a matter of fact, positive feedback is always encouraging and rewarding.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Kind Regards.
Cyril VOURC'H-PAPON

Write a ReviewReviews (1,982)

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Good location with underground car parking. The staff were polite. I had to change room because the heat wasn't working in the first room. The room was spacious and clean. I did't try the food so I can't comment. A good hotel especially because I find the mid price hotels in London to be of a lower standard to the rest of the country. The only problem i found was there was not enough plug sockets. The only plugs I could find where near the TV which is inconvenient if you want to work in bed. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If driving the car park is on a first come first serve basis so try and get there early as there are...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments.
I was pleased to hear you found my team polite.
I however regret the heat was not working properly and you had to be moved to another room. I do apologise if you felt inconvenienced.
On a positive note I am glad to read you found our price actractive. We hope you will stay again with us when you next visit London and I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to benefit from the best rate guarantee.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Whilst I suspect I was somewhat unlucky with a recent 1 night stay here, there were far too many problems that they couldn't be ignored. Starting at check in where my reservation had been messed up (was made directly on hotel website!) but main problem was the locks to the bedrooms which fundamentally don't work. During the entire stay the room key never opened the door and this meant waiting around everytime for a maintenance or front desk person to come with a master key. Seems that we were not the only people having trouble also.
Location is (handily) next to the station but beware of the rooms facing the railway line or the pub opposite!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
I regret you encountered issue with door locks and I do apologise that you felt inconvenienced.
My maintenance team looked into this matter and fixed the problem.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I booked 3 rooms in this hotel for a family visit to London, and could not of been happier with our choice. The hotel itself is lovely, very clean, exactly what I expect from Novotel, but it was the staff that really impressed. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone had a friendly smile, a special mention has to be given to Raphael in the restaurant who could not have done more to ensure everyone was happy at breakfast. We will be booking here for our next London trip, well done Novotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.
I am glad to read you were impressed with the team and the service provided.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

A very comfortable hotel with staff who exceeded expectations. We visited as a family and nothing was too much trouble to make us all feel welcome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. Many thanks for your comments which are a great testimonial of the efforts made by the team to deliver good service to all our clients.

Kind regards

An Accor traveller
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We booked a family room for two nights at the Novotel Greenwich hotel and we can honestly say this hotel was one of the best we have stayed at! What sets the hotel apart from all the others? Well its not the rooms, which are excellent, its not the smooth check in and wonderful welcome to us and our two children, its not the complete convenience of location with walking distance to the main sites of Greenwich and fantastic transport links via, train (16 mins to Charing Cross), DLR and the River Clipper, its not the fantastic all you could eat buffet breakfast where the children ate free and its not the excellent price of the on site car parking, all of this is fantastic but what makes this hotel stand out is the exceptional staff! Everyone warm and welcoming from the front desk, bar, restaurant to the staff servicing the room! A "good morning" "how are today", it seems so simple but it makes all the difference. Thank you and we will see you again in the not too distant future!

1  Thank amkholmes

I thank you for the rewarding words regarding the high level of service provided to you by all the Novotel London Greenwich staff members. Indeed we truly care about our guests and proud ourselves in indulging them as much as we can. I look forward to your next stay.