“Great location and lovely staff”

Novotel London Greenwich
Ranked #242 of 1,090 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wexford, Ireland
“Great location and lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here for three nights. Ideal location as next to the DLR. Staff lovely. Rooms fine but a bit basic for the price. My mother was sleeping on a sofa bed and the springs were awful in the mattress. She mentioned this to reception and they sorted the issue out by the time we returned from our day out. We had a meal the first evening and the food is not great. Greenwich is a beautiful place and I would love to return. My 7 year old Son was treated so nicely by all the staff which is so nice to see.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front of the Hotel so you are not kept awake by the trains.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted that you enjoyed the atmosphere we create in the hotel along with the service we provide. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I do hope that you can come to stay with us once again in the near future.
Kind regards and Happy New Year!
Cyril VOURC'H-PAPON

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The dining room could be renovated. The decoration is a little bit old fashioned and the service was not too quick. However at the reception they were very kind and helpful. Ethernet was working fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the positive comments which I will pass onto the staff. you will be pleased to hear that we are going to renovate our Element Restaurant very soon.
Hopefully see you back here in the near future.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Great location and friendly staff. I find my rooms to be of Novotel standard, clean and comfortable. I like that the bed is not too soft. Internet speed in room (premium WiFi) can be ridiculously slow - depends on the day - if reported to front desk they do however act on it and try their best to resolve.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
I am truly happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. I have shared your warm words with my whole team regarding their high standard of services. As a matter of fact, positive feedback is always encouraging and rewarding.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here recently on a weekend break. Couple of shows in the West End, etc. Cracking location right next to London Docklands Railway and mainline into Charring Cross ( within 30m of main entrance ). Rooms a good standard as expected, good breakfast; which can see you through the day. Free internet. Short break in London, trying to avoid middle of London prices - give it a go.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cymru13
Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad you had a comfortable stay and it was an excellent location for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Excellent hotel with all the amenities and services you could need.Very friendly and professional staff I had a warm welcome from reception team, great room service and some additional help from housekeeping staff. It was my first experience with Novotel Greenwich but I am sure not the last one. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who looks for quality and efficiency.

Room Tip: 506 - well worth to check
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Without doubt I would rate this Hotel and its staff as the BEST HOTEL I've ever stayed in in the London Region.

I can see that its not one of the more obvious London Hotel choices as its not close to a Tube Station and accordingly will involve a number of train / but transfers or the use of a car, but in my view this 'secret jewel' will certainly be seeing me and my family as guests again (as soon as possible).

Thanks, we had a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: If your travelling with a car, avail of the £13 per night Hotel Car Park .. I didn't and paid th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tommygilboy
Thank you so much for such a glowing review of Novotel London Greenwich, it really sounds like you enjoyed your stay and made the most of your time whilst you were here.
We hope you will stay again with us when you next visit London and I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to benefit from the best rate guarantee.
Kind regards