“Deceiving”

Ranked #17,143 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I would like to say good things about this café. It is small, not part of a chain and looks rather quaint from the outside. That's why I tried it. Unfortunately, the place is disappointing. The waitress, apart from barely speaking any English, seemed particularly disinterested and kept serving the wrong things. Having spoken to the man in the small kitchen I was pleased that I managed to order a boiled egg. Alas, he brings two poached eggs soaked in vinegar (is that a local finesse?). Even the coffee was substandard. My colleague and I left hungry and having paid more than a good hotel breakfast would cost. Bad choice.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had just arrived at Victoria Station, around 2-3pm on a Friday and were desperate for a late lunch (which is sometimes hard to find in the UK we've discovered) before going off to explore the city. We were tired of pub food by this point in our trip and were very pleasantly surprised when we happened upon this place. Such a cute little place set in an old chemist's shop.

The coffee was lovely and rich, the sandwiches were very filling, which meant we didn't have room for what looked like some fabulous baked goods. The menu was quite varied, including sandwiches (on very tasty bread), salads, pies and breakfast.

Very small seating area inside but also some seating outside on the sidewalk under the awning. Don't miss this little gem!!

1  Thank deaksVancouver
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I was at Victoria and asked one of The Ambassadors at the Bus stop where he would eat and he suggested this gorgeous little cafe. I had the best hummus I've ever eaten, a large quantity of good bread and a very good latte. I went back two days later and had Babaganouge. Very nice place. Although two girls next to me had eggs and sausage, quite small portions.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The interior is lovely! I was not happy with the vanilla latte which was over-syruped and the bread and butter pudding which was too soggy.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a lunch with a colleague on the way to a meeting.
The service was prompt and the food was fresh and delicious.
There was a nice selection of sandwiches, hot food, home made quiches and salads to choose from and a range of drinks. Something to suit everyone I'd say.
Nice location and pretty decor.
I'd definitely go back if I could get a table - it's obviously a popular spot.