“Had some casual racism thrown at me”

Brent Cross Shopping Centre
Ranked #510 of 1,872 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: North West London’s premier shopping centre, Brent Cross is the stylish home to over 120 fashion, beauty and lifestyle stores, and over 30 restaurants.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 25 September 2018

My husband and I went into the rug section of JL in Brent Cross and was looking for a stain resistant rug to go under our dining room table. Having a toddler, I asked if it would be easy to clean food stains off of a certain rug and the old, white, unimpressed salesman replied: "you could clean turmeric off of it". Would he have said that to a white person? Just a casual, flippant remark but I didn't like it and left.

1  Thank Inspiration789395
Chris B, General Manager at Brent Cross Shopping Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Hi Inspiration,

Thank you for your comments regarding John Lewis within Brent Cross shopping centre. I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with them. I have sent your review over to the store for them to follow up and ensure this does not happen again. I do hope this hasn't deterred you from shopping across the rest of the centre.

All reviews
"department"
in 7 reviews
"cars"

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Brent Cross outlet and we were impressed. Food orders were quickly taken and specials explained. I went for tuna salad Nicoise and my wife for super salad. Both arrived shortly after and were well presented. My bread was delicious so I shared and we both enjoyed the food. I was expecting mine to have potatoes to accompany the fresh boiled eggs and maybe capers? The server asked If all good and it was. Bit of a struggle to get them to give me the bill and next time will pay on pizza express app. Deducting a star for food response to giving me the bill as we were in hurry to leave.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your review of Pizza Express here in Brent Cross. Pleased that overall you had a successful visit but will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the payment experience. Look forward to you returning to the centre soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Excellent service ... and great customer service. while we have visited Brent cross shopping center.

Hi Safari,

Thanks for your review of John Lewis in Brent Cross shopping centre - will be sure to pass the feedback on to the team. I hope you have many more successful trips to the centre.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I visited this place after 10 good years , I can definitely see a huge change in the exterior with too many street food option.

Nando's as always is mesmerizing.

Loo's have really changed and have set a very high bench mark

The shopping experience as always has been wonderful.

Boots is undoubtedly one shop in the list

1  Thank SagarAmlani

SagarAmlani,

Thanks for your review on Brent Cross - delighted that you noticed the refurbishment of the loo's in the centre. Equally I'm really pleased that you had a great shopping experience, I hope that you'll continue to enjoy shopping with us in the future.