“Clean, cheap and perfect location!”
Review of European Hotel

European Hotel
Ranked #895 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 September 2014

This is an average hotel, but we chose it because it was in a perfect location, just 2 minutes from the King's Cross subway stop and the St. Pangras station - which is perfect for the Airport travelers.
Our room was really really small, as it was supposed from the photos, but it was properly cleaned everyday and really hot - the room and the water as well. They gave us and a hairdryer and everything else we had asked, we had a beautiful view to the park across the street and it was a very safe area for 2 girls traveling and staying late everynight! You can't expect much from decoration etc, but if what you want is to find a cheap and clean bed and breakfast hotel and staying out all day for touring, this is the perfect choice you can made!
Breakfast is average, rooms

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angelika A

Reviewed 1 September 2014

stayed here for 2 nights afordable compared to other hotels it was very basic but clean need to be very fit for all the stairs especially on top floor! the only BAD thing i would say is that the noise that comes through the window is Terrible i was woke up around 5am with people rite out side the doorstep drinking booze and making a hell of a racket i noticed after that walking by other hotels they had double glazing screens fitted behind windows so if i was european hotel i would deffo consider doing this!!! i would not go back sorry but if u are on a tight budget then its afordable

Room Tip: ask if they have double glazing on windows as London is very very NOISEY!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank andrea d
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I was expecting a small room, and this room was even more tiny than I could imagine. The worst part was being have to climb up three floors by steps with my suitcase, cause there is no lift. Tiny towel, breakfast is OK minus. Come here only for the price...

4  Thank sharinit
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Where to start? My room (apparently a double) was the smallest most cramped space I have ever encountered. Just getting to the room through a series of very narrow walkways felt seriously unsafe (not sure this place will pass any Health & Safety inspections). The furniture was dilapidated and probably from the early 70"s. The springs in my mattress actually "pinged" every time I moved. I left the hotel after a week's stay with the most excruciating back and neck pain.
I had to stand or sit on the bed to access the desk & cupboard at the foot of my bed.
The bathroom was even scarier and more cramped! To sit on the loo I had to twist my upper body side ways and at the same time bend forward to tuck myself under the towel rail! The shower was so small I could only use one arm to wash my hair for instance... and then I had to turn around and use the other arm to wash the other side. Also no bathmat in sight - so I headed out to Boots and bought my own ... I also stocked up on cleaning products and gave the whole room a once over to make my skin stop crawling!
The room did not come with a hairdryer - so I got one from reception... the 1st positive I thought! But alas - within one minute of using their hairdryer it went up in a puff of smoke and set off the fire alarm! Horrified I ran to reception to ask what the procedure was...and was met by a duty manager that spoke according to him "no English". This surreal experience ended in me slapping the shrilling fire alarm with a sneaker.... and surprise surprise... nobody even batted an eyelid. Conclusion: that fire alarm was obviously not connected to anything.. not even a basic evacuation plan!!
The rest of the week my stay was marred by a combination of rowdy, fowl mouthed builders that partied in their rooms till the early morning hours (I did learn a lot about their respective mother's anatomy!)... as well as an east european couple that fought and argued non-stop, where apparently partially deaf because their TV was on full blast 24 hours a day.... and the cherry on this cake was when they used the area in front of my hotel room door as their personal garbage dump site.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank MissCycleTour
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The room is tight. The toilet and shower are separated, and the toilet is crowded. It served my needs for a touristy location with easy access to transportation, and a place to rest in between sight seeing. But the room is a little strange, feels more like a hostel room with a private bath (non-existant in hostels) than a hotel room. The WiFi is really slow, the shower grosses me out a little (I'm a super clean freak with shower stalls), but the rest of the room is clean. The water kettle had old water in it, and was dirty. Only 1 towel was provided, and there isn't really a place to hang it to dry, I asked for another one and it was provided. I booked this place based on a different website and all the positive reviews. I may not stay in this hotel again the next time I visit London, but the area is perfect and very convenient. I didn't want a luxury hotel because I wanted to visit places I haven't been to in nearly 10 years, and not spend all my time at the hotel. Haven't had breakfast yet as this is my first night here.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank muttlovingfiend
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Firstly their was hair in both beds in both rooms and not just a couple
and the pillows had black marks on them
Both Showers were very dirty and had hairs in , and in one of the rooms there was blood in the grouting on the floor
both kettles were dirty , one was broken ,
there were sachets of dried milk etc in the rooms some were open and the milk which was suppose to be powdered was a solid block
Plug socket in the kids room was unsafe and hanging off the wall
There was a large hole under the bed leg
the tv had no signal in the kids room so was unwatchable and the tv in our room had a large yellow line running down the middle so again was unwatchable
the windows and frames were filthy and there was bits of rubbish shoved in the cracks
there was also what looked like blood on a bedside lamp
both rooms were disgusting
I went to complain to the night porter , who basically just kept saying
' I dont know what to say '
totally ruined our weekend and didn't even dare go in for Breakfast !!!!! i ave never stayed in a hotel as bad EVER

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank lisa h
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel is located very Close to Kings Cross station so that helped as we had to take an Early morning ( 5:40 AM ) Eurostar to Paris. However everything else just did not seem right. Maybe like somebody has suggested in their review that this is what a Budget hotel is in London as opposed to a budget hotel in USA. However a few things I have to complain about - no elevator, very narrow stairways, room felt like a dungeon, bathroom was extra-small, and after use it smelled because exhaust was either not there or was not sufficient. All in all, I will not go there again. I think I have learnt my lesson and that is Budget hotels in London are a no-no, spend a little more and have more peace of mind. Hotel did not have safety locker so I had to sight seeing in London with my passports :-(

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the first floor or maybe second floor . All other floors are good but there is n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family