“Not trustworthy - will not stay here again”

and 1 more site!
Knaresborough Place Short Stay Apartments
Ranked #959 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We booked a room for 3 nights during the Easter break. The reason we chose this place is because we wanted to stay in a serviced apartment. The room we got was literally a shoe box, as the kitchenette area was right by the foot of the beds. It would not have been possible to do any cooking in that kitchen area at all, as it only had a sink and a small hobring and there was nowhere to do any cooking. The only "cooking" we managed was to make some tea and coffee. Further, the linen and towels were very old with stain marks. The bathroom was very dated and very basic. We had twin beds with no bed side tables. The floor was dusty so we could not put anything on the floor next to our beds. We were charged £133 per night for our room. We complained to the property manager straight away after we saw how unsatisfactory the room was. He promised us that he would speak to the owners and sort out the price, as £133 was clearly way too expensive for this room, seeing as the Premier Inn were offering a bigger room for less than £100 for the same period. However, after chasing Knaresborough apartments by email and phone now for about a month after our stay, we have heard nothing from the management in relation to our complaints. They have not bothered to acknowledge my phonecalls or emails. My husband and I travel frequently and this is definitely one of the worst places we have ever stayed. I would not recommend it to anyone and we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank beancroc

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. Very comfortable and the staff were very friendly, smiling all the time and responsive. It's very close to Earls Court underground station. It was very convenient and the area was clean. Hotel was also clean all the time. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 3Mike3
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We booked a 1 bedroom apartment for 5 nights. No sign of a kitchen. There was a microwave, a kelltle and a strange collection of cutlery of a poor quality. Beds were O.K. but sheets old and damaged. Room was cleaned every day, towels were replaced, but not the sheets. We asked for cups and saucers and did not get them. We asked for 2 wine glasses and a corck screw and did not get them.
One of the chairs broke and was not replaced. The showe did not provide nice warm to hot water.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Joostams
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Everything was a nightmare. There was no soap in the toilets and four Russian builders working until 2am underneath my room. Despite telling them to stop, being almost threatened because they would not get paid if they did not complete the room, i tracked down the owner who had left the building! Calling he owner who let them continue so they could make money on the room the following night, I left mid stay. Disaster of a place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Adrian J
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

This is my worst experience of booking the hotel.The host of the hotel cancel my room without confirming with me,and then transfer to another lower price hotel ,but take the original price of money from my credit card in advance.

6  Thank Simonxu
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and we all learn to match our expectations to how much we pay and the type of accomodation, but this placewas a little special.

A business colleague had booked this room for me. He and my colleagues were staying at the Think apartments where he had stayed before.

I arrived initially at about 8 pm and wanted to check in quickly as I had a taxi waiting with a colleague inside to go out for dinner. So after I had been 'checked-in' - more like I was a potential illegal immigrant (photo id to be copied etc). This process took so long (and I am a UK citizen) that I had to leave without seeing as I felt bad to make my colleague wait. I came back later and found my room at the top of the building after an interesting ride in an antique lift.
On entering my 'suite' there was a smell of dampness but otherwise it did not look too bad. There was a small sofa and a flat screen TV with a small kitchen are near the door. The bedroom was separate and had no TV. Being in the eaves it was very warm in the unseasonal April warmth of 2011. It had been a long day and I was very tired. When I went to bed I pulled back the duvet and there was a very long black hair on the crumpled sheet. This bed had clearly not been changed since the last guest.
I guessed my only options were to sleep there or leave the building and I was simply too tired to start hunting for scarce rooms in this area at that time. I put this down to a 'travel experience' and told myself that this would not be a bad room if I were in some very poor countries and I thought of Michael Palin in his travel exploits in Africa.
I left the next day. I handed my key into the 'management suite' where all of the family members were having tea (well what other pressing hotel business was there to do?)
Always check your room when you arrive in any hotel or apartment.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
12  Thank ChilliTravelReviewer
Reviewed 6 April 2011

When we got to the hotel, we were hungry and tired. But there was no time for rest. They ended up taking us to their 'sister' hotel since they were booked and something was wrong with the pipes as they say. When we told them this 'sister' hotel told us it wasn't their sister hotel, it was not what we paid for, which ended up being a one star hotel and very dirty. We told them we wanted a refund. They gave us a option to the room we originally wanted or we have to pay a cancellation fee. We didn't understand why they made us go through all this trouble. Should a hotel book you a reservation at a different hotel under their credit card? This is what we found out. We felt so unsafe to think they wasted our first day in London, a trip we were looking forward to. If you want to lose your money and end up having to find a safe place to stay, do not stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends