This was my fifth annual two-week stay at the Holiday Inn Express Finchley Road. The fact that I return says it all, but I’ve also written several prior reviews on TripAdvisor detailing my reasons for liking this HIE. This time, I want to comment briefly on three aspects of this visit:
1. HIE now provides wi-fi access in all rooms, as well as in all public areas, without imposing any charges in addition to the regular room rate. I congratulate them for this. Wi-fi is now indispensable for me while traveling, and I resent paying anything for wi-fi. I will not stay at any hotel which does not include wi-fi in the basic room rate. The wi-fi signal at this IHE and the speed were the best I’ve had in any hotel anywhere.
2. The hotel continues to be meticulously maintained. Nothing is marred, dirty or left unrepaired. It looks as new as it must have on the day it opened.
3. The staff, mostly young Europeans, is unfailingly competent, friendly and eager to please. They are a pleasure to be around.
I look forward to returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the enjoyment of a warm welcome & benefit from convenient location at the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage – 7 minutes from central London.This newly renovated, contemporary hotel, has excellent transport links being adjacent to Finchley Road Tube station. Finchley Road & Frognal overground station is also only 3 mins walk from the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage. National Express coaches serving Stansted & Luton stop directly outside the hotel. Enjoy sightseeing & the culture London has to offer by hopping on an 82, 113 or 13 Routemaster bus.Attentive, friendly & multi-lingual staff are waiting to welcome you 24 hours a day to make you feel comfortable and at home by providing you with information about the local area & beyond.Begin & end your day in friendly, sociable surroundings - Start your day with our compliments with free Continental Breakfast & a selection of hot items from the buffet.Relax & unwind after a day’s business or sightseeing in our Cocktail Lounge by enjoying a leisurely drink or one of our speciality hot beverages.42" plasma screens keep you up to date with current affairs and sporting events.Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage has one naturally lit, fully air-conditioned meeting perfect for business meetings for up to 25 people. Our lobby area with wireless internet serves as a break out area for lunches and offers secluded areas suitable for private meetings.The Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage is two train stops from Lord’s Cricket Ground, 4 stops from the West End, Theatreland & central London. It is one train stop from Wembley and with excellent transport links, Westfield (White City & Stratford), Earls Court, Heathrow Airport, Hampstead, Camden Market, Kings Cross St Pancras (Eurostar) and Euston are all in easy reach.When travelling by car, the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage is conveniently located outside the congestion zone. Our hotel has limited on site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London