Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
1,330 results
All reviewsnorth greenwich tube stationminute walkstayed herebeansblackwall tunnelnearest hotelhi expressair conjubilee lineattending a concertcutty sarkwould stay here againbusy roadone night staycooked breakfasttea and coffeebreakfast was included
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Being part of the 50% of guests who were unfortunate enough to be given a room at the back, we found the double glazing inadequate for the round the clock noise from the 6 lane 'red route express' flyover at the back of the hotel - even on the 6th floor. In my experience, Novotel for one would have triple glazing at such a noisy location.
Also a lot of noise inside from other guests coming or going from their rooms at all hours. Maybe OK if you want to catch an early flight from the nearby city of London airport, but not the best place for a relaxing stay if you want to visit the attractions of Greenwich.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steveH51
Tony R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, from your recent stay at our hotel.

I am very sorry to read about your disturbed stay with us, due to the noise levels both outside and inside of the hotel.

I am pleased to confirm that all windows in the hotel will be refurbished, within the 1st quarter of 2013 to help block out noise from the motorway and the street.

I can only hope that we are given the opportunity, to welcome you back in the near future with the aim to get it right for you the second time around.

Yours Sincerely

Tony Revell
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Just spent a night at this hotel which was used as a base for Michael Jackson Cirque de Soleil Immortal tour at the 02.
My sister in law and I arrived early and were allowed to check in. We asked to change our double room for a twin and this was done immediately with no problem. Room was of good size and very clean. Beds were comfortable with choice of pillow and large flat screen TV. Bathroom was very clean and shower worked well.
Free breakfast was perfectly adequate and items were quickly replenished and dirty plates taken away.
We did not hear any noise from outside or within the hotel throughout our stay.
Overall it was a very clean and modern hotel with friendly, helpful staff.
It was about a 20 min walk from the 02 and Greenwich North tube (Zone 2) but you can use the frequent buses from the bus stop opposite the nearby Odeon to the tube station/02 and if you have a travelcard or Oyster you can use these.
We wanted to have the days we arrived and departed in central London and we did have to allow approximately an hour from leaving the hotel to arrive in central London so although ideal for visiting the 02 it probably would not suit people who just wanted to visit central London. When we checked out we took our luggage with us and left it at left luggage at St Pancras for the day. This was slightly expensive at £8.50 per bag but did allow us more time in London on our last day.
Would definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay after a concert at the 02.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AlanandTracey
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This is the second holiday inn express I've stayed at in the last week and I chose to stay here because of my positive experience at Burnley and I was not disappointed. The overall concept was the same but the room was a bit smaller. The beds were quite comfortable even the sofa bed which they had already set up when we checked in which made it very convenient as we were too tired when we arrived. The breakfast was as expected, the same menu as in all holiday inn expresses! The staff were very nice, courteous, and helpful even going out of their way to book a taxi for us. Will continue to choose holiday inn express whenever possibly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed here with my husband after seeing Radiohead at the O2 Arena on 8th and 9th of October. We were on the 5th floor, overlooking the car park.

We turned up at 10AM after a long journey, returning from a holiday in Miami and hadn't slept for 2 days due to the inevitable baby crying throughout a night flight and bad turbulance. After only a little begging, the kind receptionist found an available room for an early check-in. Sorry I didn't catch your name, but I will be eternally grateful to you! I've never needed a nap more.
Being London, you don't get much for your money, but the hotel is within 15mins walking distance of the O2 Arena, so I felt it was worth it.

There were a few dodgy stains on the sofa bed in the room, but the bathroom and loo were clean and the soap / shower gel had a nice coconut scent.

It was also really quiet too, I wasn't disturbed by any guests returning later from the concert.

I would stay here again next time I visit the O2.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The room was very basic. We booked a double but got twins instead. Borrowed iron and it blew up on me and tripped the electric in the room! Staff did fix this quickly though. Suspect hairs on bed, looked like blood stains on the carpet. Breakfast wasn't very inspiring, dont think the scrambled egg had seen a real egg in its life! It's only positive is that it is 15min walk to the O2 and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your feedback with reference to your recent stay at our hotel.
I am pleased to note that you found our hotel conveniently located for the O2 arena, and that the staff was friendly.

I am sorry to hear that you did not get the room type that you booked, the only time we would change room types on bookings are to the reservations which have been made for standard rooms. A standard room is not actually a specific room type and your room type is allocated upon your arrival to the hotel.

It is a disappointment to read your feedback with regards to the cleanliness of your room, because this is certainly not the norm here, and I will be addressing these isolated mentioned issues personally with our housekeeping team.

I sincerely hope that your experience with our hotel will not deter you from visiting our hotel in the future.

Yours Sincerely