“Great for O2 Events”

Ranked #336 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Stonnall, United Kingdom
“Great for O2 Events”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is great if attending any events at the O2, but also easy to get into Central London by tube.Plenty of car parking at small charge.The staff,especially at breakfast were very pleasant and helpful.The room was clean and comfortable.Yes the breakfast hot selection is not varied,but for the price is good and cold selection great.I agree with other reviews that hotel is suitable for a short stay.This is the 3rd year we've stayed here whilst attending the NTA,s and Hope to return.Its location is good because you avoid driving round city and congestion charge.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Osieczna, Poland
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

It's rather cheap hotel for London prices so we cannot expect the same standard as in 5* hotel in the city centre but... Ther is great localisation (10 min walk to O2 and tube station, near to the the emirates cable cars), free wi-if, clean bathroom, comfy bed, free breakfast and such polite staff.
What a didn't like there? It isn't modern, carpets in the room are little bit dirty, hot food for breakfast is bean, scrambled eggs and sausages. Eggs and sausages were awful but bean was good enough.

I recommend it for one or 2 nights. Especially if you will come to London for show in O2 arena.

Stayed January 2014
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I don't think this is the sort of hotel that you would use to take a vacation but it is handy for stopping over for a night when seeing a concert at the O2.

ROOMS
Yes, they are small.
Clean - Except for a bug bear of mine, which is mould ingrained into the shower sealant. It doesn't get that way overnight, so shower bleaching obviously is not high priority in the hotel.
Plug sockets - None at either bedside, which is archaic as everyone has a mobile phone that needs charging at night and also doubles up as an alarm clock.
Hairdryer - Wall mounted but only good for men/women with short hair (or a lot of patience) as the power was very weak.
Bed - Fairly comfortable for my liking anyway.
Bathroom - Pocket Sized with shower curtain :( and the shower controls were wobbly, as if they had been severely man-handled at one time.

LOCATION

Realistically a 20 minute walk from hotel exit to O2 entrance, all done in 6" heels.

BREAKFAST

I am not a great breakfast eater, so only had coffee, museli and yoghurt along with a piece of bread.
I hate, hate, hate those toasters but for once, it actually toasted the bread with only one circuit!
Don't like having to stack your own tray of empties up on a trolley after eating. Surely they have staff to do this in this day and age?
There have been a lot of comments about the scrambled egg being tasteless or 'powdered.' I didn't know that there was such an invention, which has not, incidentally been denied by who ever replies to these reviews! I decided to taste some of my husband's and I can confirm that is was indeed pretty devoid of any egg flavour!

Everything else was pretty unremarkable but generally fine for a quick stop over.

Room Tip: You should be so lucky ....
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of the room. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We set very high standards for cleanliness and the maintenance and your experience is unacceptable. I have made our team aware of this and we will be addressing this as a matter of urgency.
With regards to our complimentary breakfast, kindly allow me to explain that the products that we use are of high quality but I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I hope this negative experience will not deter you from staying with us in the near future.

Sincere regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel while on a short break to London and seeing a concert at the o2. The hotel was the nearest to the o2 and is only a 20min leisurely walk. There is plenty of buses,taxis and the tube nearby if you need to travel around. The hotel was perfect,we had great service from staff who were always helpful and polite. The rooms were a decent size,clean,with daily cleaning staff, tea/coffee facilities,phone,air con and heating,hairdryer,blacked out curtains and beds were comfy with soft and firm pillows. My only critiscism was that there were only 3 hangers per person to hang clothes. The hotel wasn't noisey from other people and although it's in a busy area for traffic, the double glazing works a treat.
The breakfast is served between 6.30-9.30 on weekdays and 6.30-10.30 on weekends. This consisted of tea,coffee,hot choc,cappacino,mocha coffee,fruit juices,milk,water and plenty of bread,toast,continental rolls,cheese,muffins,jams,butter,yogurts and fresh fruit. There was toast,sausages ,beans and scrambled egg if you wanted a hot breakfast.Some reviewers have stated that bacon would be nice to have as well and I agree, but seeing as the breakfast is free it is more than enough.
I would definatly stay again

Room Tip: suitable for two people but probably not big enough if you have children
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Greenwich and sharing such a fantastic feedback.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the highlights of our hotel – the perfect location for The O2 as well as the service provided by our staff. I am also very pleased to know that you found are rooms clean and comfortable.
It is very encouraging to hear that our free breakfast lived up to your expectations. As you have noticed we do not provide bacon – because we have to follow our brand standards but I am glad that you enjoyed the fact that our breakfast is complimentary.
Once again, thank you for sharing your lovely comments with us and I do hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Sincere regards,
Jakarta
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It was a best hotel that i had stayed in.
I stayed in the hotel on 21 - 23 August 2013 when visiting London, in particular the Greenwich area. The staffs are best in providing their services. They are very welcome for helping me when i asked for changing my room and also got out from the electricity problem. They provided all information that i asked for, including bus numbers and routes. They provided me a tourist destination map also for my journey in the area. The customare care was very helpful providing me any information that i needed and asked through email, especially access to the hotel when getting off from the underground.

the location is easy access from both the North Greenwich station and bus shelters both front and back sides of the hotel. From the station only simply take bus number 422 and get off in the first stop / shelter. In the day two of my visit, i just walked from the hotel to the station. only took 5 - 6 minutes walking distance.

The breakfast was very good.
Thanks a lot. I will stay in the hotel again if visiting London someday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yesua Ydk P
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Greenwich for your recent trip to London.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the perfect location of our hotel as well as friendliness of our staff. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review because it keeps us motivated to deliver the absolute best service we can provide so our guests enjoy every second of their stay!!

Once again, thank you for sharing such lovely comments about our hotel. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights over the New Year to take in an Arsenal match. Location good. Room was a bit on the small side for 3 but adequate for our needs. Breakfast was nice, basic but free! Staff excellent. Would def stay again for the price we paid.

Stayed January 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We spent 2 nights in London. Breakfast, hotel, were fantastic,. But room too small for families once settee extended. I realise children stay free. Our 2nd night we spent in Premier inn costing £25, the room was much bigger, only smaller t v..

Room Tip: Book adjoining rooms for children save arguments over space :/
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family