“Great for O2 but little else”

Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich
Ranked #332 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great for O2 but little else”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights for an O2 concert which it is very good for. The double rooms are quite small and pretty basic. No extras in the room and the beds are hard and quite small. Day staff OK but somebofvthe evening staff would rather be somewhere else from their attitude. As a premium member I was offer some points or a drink at the bar; again pretty basic offering.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that you found our rooms small and basic. In terms of extra amenities in the rooms, we offer tea and coffee facilities. Should our guests need iron and ironing boar, dental or shaving kits, they are more than welcome to collect them complimentary from reception.

I was also very disappointed to read your comments about the attitude of evening staff. Please be assured that this will be addressed with our team members as this is not a usual standard of our hotel.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for a return visit.

Sincere regards,
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good hotel. Good staff. Clean room and good vfm for a London hotel. Stayed here for 1 night for a gig at the O2, easily located from tube and walked to it in 15/20 mins and a taxi ride after the gig was £6. The breakfast was basic but did the job for my wife and I. Staff were attentive, professional and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Overall, a satisfactory experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave B
cork
Reviewed 1 May 2014

nice hotel .good location if you are driving as there is plenty of car parking space and it is convientley located for conferences in excel or the city airport

stayed there for one night ...checked in by very nice chatty staff who recognise that after a hard days work the last thing one wants is any hassle at check in .
staff were helpful in answering questions and ordering taxis etc .

room was spotless ,comfortable and really lacked nothing that one could need for a one night stay .

check out and breakfast good,friendly efficient tasty

would recommend and stay again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staying here right now. My room is so noisy. Motorway noise all night long.
Rubbish pressure from the shower so takes such a long time
Dirty room with coffee spills down the walls & the bed cover is very grotty. Why do they insist on putting these things on it. God knows when it was lat washed
Have contacted reception about the noise but all I've been offered is ear plugs while the receptionist smirked at me! Get me out of here. I want to sleep!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I am naturally very disappointed to hear of your negative experience.
With regards to the traffic noise on that night, we could only offer you ear plugs as the hotel was fully booked and it was not possible to change the room. But as we promised, the following day we offered you a different room on the top floor, facing the quieter road.
The team and I truly hope you enjoyed your complimentary dinner and drinks at the bar as well as IHG Rewards points which was offered you as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit.
Kind regards

Newhaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We booked the HI Express at Greenwich for a one night stay when my daughter got tickets for a concert. Felt more sensible to stay the night than fight our way back home on the underground and train that night! Checking into the hotel was quick and easy. The rooms are typical budget hotel rooms - comfortable bed, small bathroom, TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The rooms are very noisy but the area is very busy with traffic and City Airport is nearby. The hotel is well situated for the 02, only a 15 minute walk. It is possible to walk through the new development of Greenwich Village rather than the main road (Millenium Way). The staff are very helpful and nothing seems too much trouble, including endless requests for tea and coffee refills for the room! Breakfast is fair - Scrambled eggs, baked beans and sausages (they were very tasty - not at all what we expected) plus lots of yogurt, croissants and toast. Not overly keen on the instant coffee machine, could really do with something a bit more premium. Other than that a very pleasant overnight stay.

Room Tip: Go as high a floor as possible - traffic noise is terrible
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel, because I was meeting a tour very early, and did not want to travel across London at 5:30 am on the tube. It is terrible, the staff is not good, and my room was filthy. Thankfully I had slippers with me, because I did not want to stand on the carpet with bare feet. The bed is horrific, the mattress is very old. The price is very high, for such a dump. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn's across the world, this should not have the chain name on it, it is as bad as Motel 6 low budget hotels in the US. I do not recommend a single night in this hotel. They have a box in the lobby, that asks you to drop a chip in it, to say how they are doing, there was many more chips in the box, letting them know they are not doing well.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room in this hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Trisha S
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Please be advised that our team members are trained to constantly provide best service to our guests. Therefore, your feedback about our staff will be addressed as it is very concerning.
With regards to your comments about the cleanliness as well as the room in general, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I will be following it up with housekeeping department to ensure that our high standards are met without any exception.

I truly hope your negative experience will not deter you from staying with us in the near future.

Sincere regards
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My friend and I booked this hotel mainly for its location - we were running the London Marathon and wanted to be close to the start (Greenwich Village). The hotel was okay but in need of refurbishment in parts we have stayed at much nicer Holiday Inn Express. We were not happy with the room allocated on arrival which was on the 3rd floor - the window was open as we entered the room and the traffic noise was terrible. We complained to the Manager on duty that sleep was vital on this trip and he showed us three other rooms available - we settled for a room on the 7th floor - better although still noisy. The hotel is surrounded by motorway type roads which are very busy late into the night. London City Airport is also nearby. The location of the hotel was perfect - less than a 15 minute walk to the 02, tube and bus station. There was also a cinema complex nearby which had coffee shops and restaurants together with a Sainsbury’s supermarket - less than a 10 minute walk from the hotel. For those who don’t like walking there are bus stops less than 10 minutes away - buses run every 5 minutes. The lounge and breakfast room facilities were pleasant however the choice of breakfast was limited. The best thing about the hotel were the staff - very friendly and very obliging, nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor - however as I have said in my review the hotel is surrounded by mot...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jreview5
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay with us.
It is encouraging to read that you enjoyed the overall experience provided by our hotel. However, I was sorry to hear that lots of traffic noise could be heard from your room. But I am pleased to see that the manager on duty had offered you a different room on a higher floor.
I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the friendliness of our staff.
We hope to get the pleasure of welcoming you back soon if you decide to visit Greenwich again.

Kindest regards,