“Lovely stay”

Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich
Ranked #342 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I and my 2 daughters stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just recently. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful (something you don't always find these days unfortunately). The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was quite spacious with a good size shower. I was very pleased that the staff were able to provide gluten free bread for breakfast. The only down side was the lack of choice for breakfast. This comment is from my husband and not me. I would have been only to pleased to have been able to eat the lovely croissants and muffins but as I have coeliacs disease I could not enjoy them. All in all a very pleasant stay and we would love to go there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich

Reviewed 17 July 2014

As with many others, stayed here to visit the O2. Very conveniently located, good parking facilities. Hotel is obviously very busy with a fast turnaround but despite this we had a nice, comfortable and clean room. Had slight problem with the air con which meant we had to change room, but this was all dealt with very efficiently. Breakfast was better than we were expecting. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lovetravelx
Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you need to stay after a concert at the O2 book here. Ive been 3 times , its easy to walk to the O2 the rooms are lovely and clean and comfortable, good value for money and friendly staff. The breakfast is fresh and a good choice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bethany127
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have just returned from spending a week in this hotel and the staff there could not be more helpful. We had 2 bookings for the week and they were very helpful in ensuring we could stay in the one room. We had a double bed and a double sofa bed in the room which was very comfortable for myself and my friend.
We left the do not disturb sign on the door by mistake for 2 days but the staff made sure they left a little pack outside the door with extra toilet rolls and tea and coffee which was a really nice touch.
The breakfast which was included in the price was really nice.
The short walk to the O2 means this hotel is in a very convenient place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you're attending an event at the O2 it's a great location, easy to walk there and back - about 10/15 minutes walk. The rooms are pricey but I guess unless more hotels open in the area to give them some competition they will continue charging high prices for this budget style hotel. The rooms are comfortable enough and the breakfast is quite good - nice to have it included in the price. Car parking is reasonable for London hotels too. All in all a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Fantastic if you going to the O2 for an event as it's only 15 minutes walk from the O2 - have stayed here twice now. Air conditioning in the bedrooms is a bonus (but a little noisy) - I just wish the beds were a bit bigger as they really are quite snug for 2

Didn't realise that reviews have to be a minimum of 200 characters - have run out of things to say!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here for a concert at the O2, I normally avoid hotels so close to the venue because of the inflated cost, and indeed I paid well over what I what consider an acceptable price for a budget hotel to stay here, for one night, but due to the fact that at the time of our stay I was totally reliant on crutches to get around, I needed to stay close to the O2 arena and this hotel certainly fit the bill in terms of location.
It is easy to find although if you are walking from North Greenwich tube area stay to the left hand side of millennium way rather than crossing to the right hand side which looks like it is the right side for the hotel. If you stay left you only need to cross two roads and come to the front of the hotel whereas if you cross to the right hand side you have around 6 crossings to negotiate or a dash across a busy multi lane road and wind up at the back of the hotel.
Once at the hotel, the staff were helpful and friendly, we were able to check in early with no problems. Breakfast was good especially the coffee which is hot and strong, our twin room was spacious and quiet with a good view and the beds were comfortable with a choice of pillows, warm duvets and a good air conditioning unit. We had a large bathroom with a good shower and proper sized quality fluffy towels which would encourage me to stay at holiday inn in the future and made a lovely change to the normal offerings for towels at comparable hotels.
All in all a good stay, the only negative point was the attached price tag.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends