Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich
US$299
US$322
US$256
  • Room Service
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$257
US$191
galahotels.com
1,317 results
All reviewsnorth greenwich tube stationminute walkstayed herebeansblackwall tunnelnearest hotelhi expressair conjubilee lineattending a concertcutty sarkwould stay here againbusy roadone night staycooked breakfasttea and coffeebreakfast was included
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed in room 712 whilst visiting Greenwich. Room was adequate in size but slightly noisy due to the constant flow of traffic outside. Putting on the aircon helped to block out some of that noise. Twin beds were firm and comfy and there was enough storage space for a short stay. Dispenser gels (hand wash and shower gel) were conveniently placed within the bathroom area. The shower was very fiddly to use - the flow wasn't very powerful and I only seemed to be able to choose between a lukewarm setting or scalding hot, so I went for the former. The best thing about the stay was the breakfast, which was excellent for a budget hotel. Greenwich is just a few minutes away via bus 188, which continues on to central London if one wants to avoid constant bus / tube changes.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your detailed review about our hotel.
I am pleased to read that the comfort and condition of your room has lived up to your expectations. Also, it is encouraging to read your positive comments about our included breakfast.
I am sorry to hear about the issue that you experienced with the faulty shower. I am sure our Reception team would have changed the room for you if you had brought this to our attention during your stay. Please be assured that it has been already addressed with our maintenance team to ensure it will not reoccur in the future.
I would like to once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Paulina Poskrobko
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Much cheaper than the other chains in the area. It's not as handy for ExCeL as the website claims - in fact it's a litlle isolated - but it's a nice enough walk to North Greenwich tube station or the Emirates Air Line for ExCeL. There are also bus routes outside. Only 20 minutes' walk or so to some decent restaurants, too.

Hotel itself is fairly basic but at the price range it's fine - nice reception/breakfast/bar area, reasonably fast wifi (and it's free! Take note, competing chains) very comfortable beds, and air conditioning that actually works. Didn't use the TV but I imagine the channel selection is modest.

There was one incident that was pretty awful, though. On Saturday morning I'd put up the Do Not Disturb sign in order to sleep late while my wife went out. Got up around 10:30am and went to use the bathroom. While seated in there I heard a knock outside. I had the DND sign up, as mentioned, so assumed it was a knock on the room next door. To my horror I then heard my room's door open, and before I could even react the bathroom door was opening towards me! I stopped it with my foot and said "excuse me!" The man on the other side asked if I wanted the room serviced. I shouted "no" - I wasn't exactly at my most eloquent - and he left.

I repeat: the do not disturb sign was up (once I recovered my composure I opened the door to check: it was still there) yet someone saw fit to knock, immediately enter the room, and immediately try to come into the bathroom. I couldn't believe it. I have stayed in dozens of hotels, some of which would just about edge into "one-star" category otherwise, and never, ever had this happen before. I was utterly amazed that someone thought this appropriate. I didn't raise it with the desk upon checkout as frankly I was too embarrassed to do so.

Still, it was a one-off and other than that I have no complaints. Next time, though, I will be barricading the door before using the facilities...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments following your recent stay with us.

I would first of all like to apologise if our website has mislead you in anyway, and we will be sure to look at the information to ensure that it is accurate.

I am very pleased and encouraged to read that you found our reception, breakfast and bar to be nice and that you were also happy with the free Wi-Fi that we provide and found your bed to be comfortable.

I am however very sorry about the very unfortunate incident that took place during your stay relating to the disturbance by our housekeeping team. This is certainly not the norm here at the Holiday Inn Express Greenwich, and all of the housekeeping team are well trained to ensure that rooms with do not disturb signs on them are not entered or disturbed in any way.
I will be investigating this incident with the housekeeping team to ensure that the same situation does not repeat in the future.

Thank you again for providing us with your valuable feedback, which will now enable us to improve the services we provide to all of our guests.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Best Regards

Tony Revell
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Spent a Saturday night at this hotel and we enjoyed it. 15 minute walk from North Grenwich tube station, however after a day around London walking it does seem further! Tube journey isn't far to the centre of london. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We parked at the hotel, was £7 for the night which we thought was good value too. Room was also ready before check in time and after a long journey we were really greatful to be given the keys early!

• Stayed: August 2014
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Thank you for your review, its great to see we provided everything you needed during your stay with us. We are very conveniently located for all major attractions in and around London.

I trust we will see you again very soon and thank you for staying with us in Greenwich

Reviewed 11 August 2014

needed parking, Premier Inn Greenwich no guarantees, so switched to here. On discovering it was out of town, thought I'd made a mistake, but I hadn't North Greenwich tube was 10 minutes walk. Riverboat another 3 minutes from there, same as O2. Greenwich Park 15minutes walk. Hotel clean, tidy and reasonable parking tarif. Will use again.
Next door to iMAX and only 10 mins walk from Mountain View restaurant (check out my review).

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location as well as the car park facilities.
It is also very encouraging to see that you found our hotel to be clean and tidy.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sincere regards,
Paulina Poskrobko
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked to stay here through a theatre break package and we were not disappointed. The hotel was a little further from the theatre than we realised but it was the cheapest and it provided on site overnight parking for £7 and it was only a 20 min tube ride to Victoria. The good service started from the moment we pulled into the car park - a friendly gentleman greeted us and directed us to the best parking area for the hotel entrance. The reception staff were very friendly and we were checked in by a trainee who was very competent. Our room was on the 3rd floor. If was a pleasant, bright room and very clean. The bathroom was also very clean and the shower was perfect. The free wifi was very easy to set up and we were able to connect our 2 phones and tablet and the Internet speed was very fast. On our way out we asked a different member of reception staff the way to the tube station and he very confidently directed us and produce a tube map for us to take away. He wished us a pleasant evening. On our return at about 1130, the night staff greeted us warmly and we decide to have a drink at the bar and we're served promptly. We took some more complimenty tea and coffee for the room and retired. The Beds were very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep (apart from the slight disturbance at about 3am when some noisy guests returned to their room). The breakfast the next morning was perfectly acceptable, the only thing missing that would have been nice was someone to greet us and show us to a table. The breakfast had a large choice of continental items and drinks and some hot food. Not ideal if you want a full English but we didn't so were more than satisfied. We then returned to the room and relaxed seeing as we didn't have to check out until midday. Check out was smooth and faultless. All in all a good experience and provided exactly what we required.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennie D

Thank you for your review, Its great to see that the team at the Hotel looked after you during your recent stay. I will pass your comments on to them.

Thank you for staying with us and I trust we will see you again very soon.