“My favourite place to eat in West Hampstead”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mamacita West Hampstead - CLOSED

Mamacita West Hampstead
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite place to eat in West Hampstead”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've been to nearly all the restaurants in West Hampstead now but Mamacita is the place I always come back to. It's laid back and super fun with amazing cocktails (much much better than those at the Alice House nearby!). The staff are very friendly and it's popular with young professionals. The Mexican style fish and chips is literally amazing!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank OneRoamingLondoner

London, England, United Kingdom
“great margaritas, but poor manners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Mamacita on a Saturday night, great margaritas, good food but when the bill came the General Manager bullied us for not paying the full service charge. The bill said it was discretionary (optional) therefore we left what we thought was reasonable. However telling us that the waitresses do not get paid and are living of the service charge is unacceptable. if that is the case make the service charge compulsory and not optional. The experience at the end of the night was disappointing.

1 Thank Katerina L
Turin, Italy
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My daughter proposed to try this relative new restaurant in New Hampstead as we like Mexican cuisine. The plce is nice and you can eat outside, even if the street is quite busy and noisy. The food was really not special (Mexican style on the low side) and I got something different from what I ordered (enchiladas with chorizo instead of chicken, quite heavy). The staff is extremely kind and utterly inefficient. As I said, disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
“Lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I took my flatmate here for a birthday dinner and was really touched by the effort the staff made to ensure she enjoyed her evening. They bought out cake and candles, joining in as we sang along, and were extremely attentive all evening. The food is standard Mexican, unfortunately not the best I've ever tasted, and the cocktail list could do with a revamp. One member of staff did warn me I might be disappointed by the Sangria cocktail..
However, I've never tipped so happily, I really enjoyed my evening thanks to the kind waiters.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Xofd
London, United Kingdom
“Fun mexican restaurant in west hampstead”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Dined at Mamacita on a Saturday night. The restaurant was about a third full when we arrived at 7pm but by 8 the place was packed. The restaurant is casual and would be equally good for groups and couples. The large portion of corn chips that we ordered with guacamole was a disappointing size. However, there was no such issue with the size of the burritos, which were very generous. The food tasted good and we left feeling very content. A good option if you're looking for mexican food on west end lane.

• Visited March 2014