“Special Offer”

Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: haz Restaurant is a modern Mediterranean restaurant. haz claims all of its restaurants as the ultimate haven for those who would like to capture the true essence of the Mediterranean in the mist of London. With exquisite service and a world-renowned wine list haz promises to give you a dedicated experience that will take you to the heart of modern day Turkey. The menu presents an elegant, contemporary take on the traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The renowned Turkish cuisine is presented in the upmost quality ingredients with exceptional presentation. haz ensures every dish on the menu is a reflection of those traditional dishes and techniques used throughout the Mediterranean peninsula and Anatolia When you combine the alluring interior design, the flawless service and unrivalled cuisine, you can understand why haz Restaurant has been so admired since it first opened its doors in 2001. The haz Restaurant's are also experienced in private caters, delivering an experience that you will remember, be it a birthday party, christening, wedding anniversaries, engagement party or just an evening's edible with family and friends. haz allows you to create a specialised menu of two, three or even four course meals. At haz we want everyone to enjoy their few hours away from the city crowd and really embrace Turkish hospitality which they are so famous for. We welcome everyone with a warm greeting and wish everyone a divine lunch or astonishing evening with delight...
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I took the opportunity of taking advantage of this offer

Enjoy a £39 Aperitif plus 3 course meal For Two at Tirage (Valued at £83). Offer available for a limited time.

APÉRITIF & 3 COURSE MENU
Apéritif
Champagne Perrier-Jouët “Grand Brut” NV, Épernay (125ml)
or
Pinot Grigio 2012 Mezzacorona, Trentino, Italy (125ml)
or
Carménère Tamaya 2011, Limari Valley, Chile (125ml)
First Course
Native/Rock Oysters
Pacific Red Mullet Tiradito
guacamole, fennel & aji amarillo sauce
Cornish Scallop Ceviche
caramelised Jerusalem artichoke purée, prosciutto powder, kaffir lime, pomegranate & sorrel flower reduction
or
Chesnut Mushroom & Feta Cheese Risotto (V)
wild garlic & toasted sunflower seeds
or
Pousse Spinach & Beetroot Carpaccio (V)
blue cheese, quinoa & tarragon dressing

Second Course
Mar y Tierra BBQ Flat Iron Steak
Atlantic prawn pico de gallo & Tirage handcut chips
Braised Blythburgh Free Range Pork Cheek & Ribs
Chilean apple and guava purée & salsify
Pan Fried Seabass
Asian-scented seed crust, white crab emulsion, broccoli & curry oil
Confit Venison Haunch
acorn squash purée, chimichurri sauce & bbq cauliflower
or
Baked Cheese Trois Cornes de Vendée (V)
beetroot carpaccio, caramelised pear, roasted walnuts & basil oil

Third Course
Pink Champagne and Mango Cheesecake
or
Tirage’s flourless Chocolate and Blueberry Gateau and Chocolate sauce (V)
or
Selection of Ice Creams /Sorbets (V)

I had the oysters, steak and pink champagne and mango cheesecake. They were all delicious. The service was extremely efficient and friendly.

We also had a couple of cocktails and a bottle of red wine.

The only drawback are that the tables are high and you are sitting on a high chair with a back.

1  Thank Chris H

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went for the five course tasting menu at £30 which was very reasonably priced. All dishes were good from the fish and veg menu and then wine selection was good. Have given it four stars as it was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

When I found a good deal for a 3 course meal and a glass of champagne at a reasonable price, I decided to use this and go out as a foursome with my husband, my friend and her husband as a celebratory meal for her birthday. A brilliant find. Sitting near racks of champagne, we had a very knowledgeable and attentive host. He was charming! Starting off with a champagne aperitif, poured with a flair, we followed with the starters that included oysters, scallop ceviche or pousse carpaccio with the barbecue steak and pan-fried sea bass among main dishes. A great finish to the meal were desserts include champagne and mango cheesecake. Amazing.... highly recommend but it is at high end so be prepared to pay unless you get a good deal as we did!!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went here for a wedding anniversary. We had a voucher for a 5-course tasting menu which I was very excited about, being usually very indecisive with menus!

I'm not vegetarian but I chose the veggie menu option while my partner went for the meat one. He's a definite carnivore but even he was a bit jealous of some of my courses! They were mostly cheese-based which is fine by me; I think my favourite was the mushroom risotto with feta cheese but the crispy sweet potato balls were also very good. The non-veggie options included oysters, venison and a delicious sea bass. Desserts were also lovely with a blood orange sorbet a highlight.
The courses are small-ish, as you would expect on a tasting menu, but I have to say after all of mine I was very full and couldn't have eaten any more!

The waiters were very good, knowledgeable about the food and all friendly which is always a bonus. Recommended!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went to this place as heard good reviews and thought I'd take my friend who was over here on business. Overall service was good, although I didn't like the fact they took my phone away to check my voucher number and I had to ask for it back because they couldn't scan it. The supervisor had the common sense to come over to my table to do it. In the end I emailed it to them.
The scallop starters is definately worth it. We had to wait almost an hour for main course, we were so hungry by then I felt like leaving. I had the flat iron steak which was rather tough and my friend had fish 2 pieces the size of a table each. We are not bigger eaters, but the portions did leave us hungry.
This is not a place for big eaters, more for business diners. Our 3 course meal last 3 hours.
Overall, not a bad evening and not in a rush to be heading back.