Stayed in Apt 10 (1 bedroom) in 44 Curzon Street for 4 nights and loved every minute.
For much less than you'd spend on a comparable suite, you get
- entrance by a gorgeous clanky old style gated lift - the lovely lady in reception assured me that although the lift was an original feature, the workings were modern!
- a dinky kitchenette with fridge + little freezer compartment, coffee machine, oven & hobs (can't comment as never got used - why would you with so much on the doorstep) and sink
- a peaceful bedroom at the back of the property overlooking a chimneyscape so picturesque I kept expecting Dick van Dyke to dance by with Mary Poppins with very comfy beds and slightly disconcerting sheet & blanket & coverlet combo (it was fine but I'm never keen on bedspreads as they never get washed as often - much prefer a duvet)
- great bathroom with double sink, the rainforest shower worked a lot better once I'd cleaned off the little hard water rings (note for the cleaners there)
- glorious front room with window & balconyette door overlooking the street outside, CD player with ipod dock / flatscreen TV / DVD player and nice quick reliable broadband wifi. Good size dining table also doubled as a workspace for my laptop and great to look out at the world from a high level - would definitely recommend being higher up if you're able.
Everything (bar the shower head) was really clean and to a good standard of repair albeit a couple of the cabinet / wardrobe doors did have a tendency to swing open on their own.
Local amenties are fabulous - a Tesco local almost on the doorstep, a larger Sainsburys and M&S food a few minutes stroll away, a Boris bike stand also on the doorstep (great for getting about and very reasonably priced); Green Park tube a few minutes walk away; Shepherds Market is next door with it's network of little restaurants, shops & pubs - and of course you have the rest of London on your doorstep.
If you do sleep with the windows openm, the local restaurants recycle their glass bottles quite early but closing the window / ear plugs takes care of that quite easily. It's not a noisy area for a city so sleep quality was great.
The website actually doesn't do the apartments as much justice as it could - I'll definitely be back and would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 44 Curzon Street by Mansley offers a wide selection of serviced apartments designed to provide comfort, privacy and value for money in an outstanding central London location. Whether you are travelling on business or leisure, our aim is to make you feel at home. We have been the owners of 44 Curzon Street apartments for over fifty years. 44 Curzon Street was the first property of its kind, built in 1908 as a gentlemens' pied-à-terre. Today, we offer a range of distinct serviced apartments in Mayfair with character, space and privacy together with the convenience and flexibility of luxury self catering facilities. Our apartments provide exceptional comfort with a range of layouts and facilities to suit your needs, ranging from studio apartments to elegant three bedroom, two bathroom apartments with a spacious drawing/dining room. Our apartments benefit from complimentary WIFI and digital television including foreign channels. Our Mansley Reception staff at the front desk are at your service and will be able to arrange your personal laundry, dry cleaning and purchase any provisions you may need. They can also book tickets for the theatre, sporting events or concerts, make restaurant reservations, book tours or car hire and offer assistance with other requirements you may have. 44 Curzon Street apartments are situated in the heart of Mayfair, just a short stroll from the luxury brand shopping streets and many of London's famous landmarks and attractions. We offer a great alternative to a hotel giving you more freedom, flexibility and offer great value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your 44 Curzon Street by Mansley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 44 Curzon Street Apartments Hotel London