Charlotte Street Hotel
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfirmdale hotelsloft suitehonesty barfirmdale groupafternoon teahonor barcovent garden hoteldrawing roomboutique hotelfavorite hotelbeautiful roomroom servicerestaurants and pubslounge areacomfortable roomsbirthday treatlovely hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This hotel is a real gem: it has a very attractive restaurant serving a wide selection of food and two very nice salons for evening drinks which are surprisingly quiet and relaxed. The full english is not to be missed and the service was excellent from receptiion right through to bar and restaurant staff. It's true to say that this certainly is not a cheap option for central London but in my opinion, if you are planning to stay right in the thick of things, the extra cost is well worth it for real comfort in style. We booked very late and were offered a suite with seperate living room, huge bedroom and a fantastic bathrom with a TV over the bath! I could have happily moved in. If it's a special occasion, give this great location a try and enjoy what they have to offer!

Room Tip: Use the reataurant if only for breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Overwhelmingly chic, great location, incredible food, etc. Would I stay here again? --only if it wasn't on my tab! It may have been just my luck at the draw. The staff was ridiculously aloof. The lady at check-in told me the credit card reader was possibly not workingso she had to swipe my card several times to "get it to work". Fast-forward to 2am--I get frantic call from my spouse that the card was indeed swiped x4, charged each individual time (pre-charged for 2 nights, I may add) & disabled, even though I notified them I would be in UK prior, thus creating domino effect. The manager vehemantly denied this happened. I literally brought my laptop down to the him in person to show my account online to "prove" what had happened, and his reply was still that they did nothing wrong because his computer screen shows there were no extra charges. Seriously?!!I I then had to spend the rest of what should have been sleeping hours, frantically pleading w/bank as I was headed out that day to another country, There was no apology offered whatsoever, just attitude. The cab they ordered to airport not only got me there too late, (without traffic), was charged to my hotel bill as well as by the cab company. Wish I could focus on the good here but anyone would understand.

Room Tip: Be sure to check your credit card transactions from your stay here. Make your own vehicle arrangements if you want assurance to get to where you're going on time.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank DE726
Reviewed 11 June 2012

As a native Englander living abroad I have come to understand how different the London hotel scene is to that of almost every other developed market. This is especially evident in the higher end of the market. In New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore or any other international venue the brand name hotels – Intercontinental, Hilton etc. – provide five star luxury with the smaller venues competing for the budget traveler. In London, the brand names concentrated around Park Lane offer two star service at five star prices. I imagine this is attributable to the huge amount of tourist traffic passing through London each year. The discerning traveler needs to look for “boutique” hotels for superior facilities and service. Falling definitely into this category is the Charlotte Street Hotel eponymously located in Soho.

I have stayed at the CSH a number of times over the last several years and have always been extremely happy with the facilities, the location and the service.

The hotel is actually a bit of an amalgam of two separate venues. The hotel proper -- reserved for the use of guests, and the bar / restaurant which doubles as a gathering place for a local set -- largely consisting of media and advertising types. It is perfectly feasible to enjoy either venue without setting foot in the other as the streets around Charlotte Street are packed with fine dining and watering holes.

The rooms in the hotel are large for London, and well-equipped with televisions in both the bedroom and bathroom. Room service is smooth and unobtrusive and the front desk efficient and always well manned. No standing for hours in line to check out. The valet will happily park and retrieve your car or order you a cab. All in all, a well-staffed, efficiently run operation.

For a boutique hotel, the business facilities are first rate, at least for smaller meetings, with several drawing rooms available for rent at what for London are reasonable prices.

Of course, this all comes at a price. The room rates are stiff and I have never seen a discounted rate. Probably beyond most business travelers’ budget but well worth the stay if you can swing it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BusinessTraveller019
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed for one night over the diamond jubilee for a treat with my girlfriend. Really impressed with the service, the beautiful room, and the breakfast. Nice atmosphere in the bar in the evening. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We needed a place to interview people and the library is a nice relaxed room, the coffee and cakes are good, the bar afterwards fills up quickly and is good for people watching.

BUT £20 for a day's broadband is just daft! in Starbucks it is free. Please have some sense

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business