Charlotte Street Hotel
US$322
US$256
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$257
US$191
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfirmdale hotelsloft suitehonesty barfirmdale groupafternoon teahonor barcovent garden hoteldrawing roomboutique hotelfavorite hotelbeautiful roomroom servicerestaurants and pubslounge areacomfortable roomsbirthday treatlovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2013

From the moment we booked our second stay at Charlotte Street Hotel our experience was outstanding. Our arrival was earlier than anticipated but we were told our room was ready - totally unexpected but very welcome. We were in fact upgraded to the Penthouse Suite - stunning, very large suite with rooftop views. Really beautiful design, calm in the mayhem of London. Champagne when we got back to the room - a lovely touch. Big fluffy towels, soft robes, big bottles of gorgeous bathroom potions. Books, flowers and peaceful sleep. This hotel just gets service, comfort, style just right. Never pushy, never over the top, just there when you need something. Spotlessly clean. Truly a faultless stay. Breakfast was exceptional especially pancakes and maple syrup! We have already booked again.

Room Tip: Both rooms we have stayed in - one suite at front and Penthouse were exceptional.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bubbles1989
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I often stay here in London. Fantastic location in a street where almost every place to eat is superb. I like the library mini suites with the bed upstairs. It is friendly and the weekend Cinema is a bonus as is the downstairs fire in cold British weather. The hotel has a real charm to it and on a Sunday morning just sitting in the diner reading the papers and enjoying an excellent breakfast is perfect. Room service is limited but ok and its a short walk from SoHo and the West End and for me a lot friendlier than say the St Martins Lane (which I like). For dinner step outside walk 100 feet and try Roka for great fusion or Pied a Terre for possibly the best value excellence in French dining - or if you feel like revisiting your summer vacation Andreas does a mean souvlaki. I recommend Charlotte Street Hotel.

Room Tip: i like the mini suites. two levels and you get a library in the bedroom...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Spent our wedding night here before moving on, great cocktail bar, amazing suite with expected level of comfort and quality. Kobe beef with our crew across the road at a landmark steak house.
I dream of the late cooked breakfast, pots of tea and newspapers in robes now we are fully in young children mode. Short walk to old compton street, soho's main strip. Fun fun fun peeps.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dikadvoclaart
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We always reserve with Firmdale Hotels when we travel to London. Most often the Soho Hotel which is excellent.

This time however we decided to try somewhere different from their collection. We were not disappointed.

We were on a one night stop over before holidaying in America and the staff at Charlotte Street ensured our holiday began before we even boarded the plane to Phoenix.

As usual with any Firmdale hotel the room was beautiful, exceptionally clean and extremely well furnished.

The bar and restaurant were very lively. I had one of the best cocktails of my holiday in here !

I can highly recommend it and I hope to return for my birthday in November.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank georgiarain
Reviewed 28 May 2013

There's something about Charlotte st hotel that is just lovely. I always feel relaxed there. I've never stayed overnight but if they do the accommodation as well as everything else it will be perfect. If you are in town try and have a drink at the end of the day, the atmosphere is interesting and lively with the odd celeb often in the mix

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business