“I love this hotel!”

Ranked #33 of 1,063 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“I love this hotel!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

There really is no better better boutique hotel or location for the money in all of London. Our room was really clean and well-furnished. The bathroom is spacious. The restaurant was excellent, especially for breakfast. (I recommend that you include the breakfast option if you book here.) The staff is really polite and helpful. Charlotte Street itself has lots of ethnic restaurants. There are two tube stops within wallking distance, so you can easily get anywhere in the city. And Soho, Mayfair and Marylebone are just a short walk away. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights for work and I just can't wait to return. The location is perfect in Soho. Near lots of restaurants, pubs, and shopping. The rooms are pretty, the bed the most comfortable. The service was 5+stars. The concierge desk was so helpful arranging car service and restaurants. The entire staff makes you special. The place has a great reputation and all my London friends told me the restaurant bar is known for their cocktails, but I didn't have time to try them although the bar was happening each night. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Desiree F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I've always wanted to stay as a guest at this hotel, but had no need yet. The best I can do is partake of the bar and the restaurant. The bar is always buzzing and busy, but the service - and I can't thank them enough - is always very responsive, warm and professional.
The restaurant serves great food. But one of the best things they do in the winter, is that on Sunday afternoons, they show films - in their sumptuous, downstairs movie theatre, along with free popcorn. Usually there is a combo Sunday lunch & movie deal. I can't think of a better way to spend a grey cold Sunday afternoon in London!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is one of my favourite places for breakfast with clients. Great menu and friendly staff means it is always a winner. I particularly like their healthy range and interior decor.Great location in the centre or town with free umbrellas if it is raining outside.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I usually like to try different hotels in London and stay in different parts of the city but after staying at the Charlotte St Hotel, I will be back. Every room is different and the staff is amazing and very helpful. The lobbies and restaurants are comfortable and fun. Ill be back and i highly recommend it. For more info read my blog. http://havefunflysafe.com/category/london/

Room Tip: if you are picky ask to see a few if they are not full.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We checked into the Charlotte Street Hotel the night of our wedding for a mad 2 night stay. Despite arriving at 3 in the morning, the welcome was friendly and professional and when they found out I was a little disapointed by the size of the room I'd booked - blaming myself - they immediately and very kindly offered us an upgrade to a junior suite the next day. This turned out to be stunning; beautfily, tastefully furnished and so perfect we felt we were in a dream. They even sent us up a complimentary bottle of chamapagne to celebrate with us. Effortless taste, class and discretion and everything you could hope for in a luxury hotel. And amazingly friendly, couteous and prfessional staff. We can't wait to come back for our anniversary. Or even sooner perhaps. Thanks guys. Really great job. You made my new wife the happiest bride in London on Sunday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrMooch
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have (21 July 2013) just come home from a two night stay at the Charlotte Street Hotel. Our stay was perfect in every way. Food, service and decor all terrific. We had a marvellous dinner as well as two excellent breakfasts. You would expect them to have a decent wine list but we really liked the range of good wines available by the glass. The service excellent, attentive and friendly without being overbearing or stuffy. You get the impression the staff really like working there and take pride in what they are doing. The look and feel of the room and the hotel were everything you would expect for the price but delivered with real elegance and taste - a stylish blend of regency and modern touches. This was a special weekend for us and I struggled a bit with which hotel to book, looking at all the big London names and Mayfair/Park Lane hotels etc, but none of them seemed quite right. I am really pleased I went for the Charlotte Street Hotel instead because we were really thrilled with our stay there. On price - this is clearly an expensive hotel and it doesn't pretend to be anything else, but personally I felt it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe double room. It was a good size, with two armchairs, small coffee table and writing...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple