“The best hotel in the world”

Charlotte Street Hotel
Ranked #43 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here for a very special occasion as it is our favourite hotel in London. The staff could not have made our trip more perfect. We were greeted with a fabulous room upgrade and complimentary champagne. Just beautiful. We had dinner in Oscars, lobster and more champagne. Divine. Honestly we cannot recommend this superb hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a library suite. Splurge and treat yourself to one! Amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2013

There really is no better better boutique hotel or location for the money in all of London. Our room was really clean and well-furnished. The bathroom is spacious. The restaurant was excellent, especially for breakfast. (I recommend that you include the breakfast option if you book here.) The staff is really polite and helpful. Charlotte Street itself has lots of ethnic restaurants. There are two tube stops within wallking distance, so you can easily get anywhere in the city. And Soho, Mayfair and Marylebone are just a short walk away. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights for work and I just can't wait to return. The location is perfect in Soho. Near lots of restaurants, pubs, and shopping. The rooms are pretty, the bed the most comfortable. The service was 5+stars. The concierge desk was so helpful arranging car service and restaurants. The entire staff makes you special. The place has a great reputation and all my London friends told me the restaurant bar is known for their cocktails, but I didn't have time to try them although the bar was happening each night. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Desiree F
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I've always wanted to stay as a guest at this hotel, but had no need yet. The best I can do is partake of the bar and the restaurant. The bar is always buzzing and busy, but the service - and I can't thank them enough - is always very responsive, warm and professional.
The restaurant serves great food. But one of the best things they do in the winter, is that on Sunday afternoons, they show films - in their sumptuous, downstairs movie theatre, along with free popcorn. Usually there is a combo Sunday lunch & movie deal. I can't think of a better way to spend a grey cold Sunday afternoon in London!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is one of my favourite places for breakfast with clients. Great menu and friendly staff means it is always a winner. I particularly like their healthy range and interior decor.Great location in the centre or town with free umbrellas if it is raining outside.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I usually like to try different hotels in London and stay in different parts of the city but after staying at the Charlotte St Hotel, I will be back. Every room is different and the staff is amazing and very helpful. The lobbies and restaurants are comfortable and fun. Ill be back and i highly recommend it. For more info read my blog. http://havefunflysafe.com/category/london/

Room Tip: if you are picky ask to see a few if they are not full.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We checked into the Charlotte Street Hotel the night of our wedding for a mad 2 night stay. Despite arriving at 3 in the morning, the welcome was friendly and professional and when they found out I was a little disapointed by the size of the room I'd booked - blaming myself - they immediately and very kindly offered us an upgrade to a junior suite the next day. This turned out to be stunning; beautfily, tastefully furnished and so perfect we felt we were in a dream. They even sent us up a complimentary bottle of chamapagne to celebrate with us. Effortless taste, class and discretion and everything you could hope for in a luxury hotel. And amazingly friendly, couteous and prfessional staff. We can't wait to come back for our anniversary. Or even sooner perhaps. Thanks guys. Really great job. You made my new wife the happiest bride in London on Sunday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple