“A stylish hotel in a perfect location”

Charlotte Street Hotel
Ranked #33 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“A stylish hotel in a perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

A great find in a city where you don't necessarily get what you pay for. This hotel is stylish in a unique way, yet maintains its boutique feel and cosy atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and the restaurant and lobby are warm and welcoming. The location is perfect for those that want to stay just outside the hustle and bustle of soho, but still amongst the action, surrounded by good cafes, restaurants and pubs.

The restaurant & bar was always a buzz, the only negative was that the hotel restaurant & bar was often so packed at night with locals that even as a hotel guest you couldn't get a seat for a drink.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

A visit to the Charlotte Street Hotel means elegant, whimsical surroundings, discreet and helpful service, and plentiful amenities. The hotel is fresh and well-maintained.

We loved the double windows which provide a sound barrier but open to let fresh air into the rooms.

Breakfast was included in our rate, including room service. They also provided us with a laptop with free wireless for the duration of our stay.

My only complaint is the extortionist "day rate"-- the hotel charged us half the room's price, but wanted us to leave the room by 6pm. If they needed the room so early, they shouldn't have charged quite so much.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

I travel to London often for business and Charlotte Street is by far my favorite hotel. I would recommend any of the Firmdale Hotels, but I like the location of Charlotte Street best. You're close to tubes, entertainment, shopping and food without being too close. It's become my home away from from, which I really appreciate when in another country for work.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Fienneone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

I stayed here after a great recommendation from Soho House in London. The design is the key with this hotel, seeing as its run by a husband and wife team. The wife is an amazing designer and from what I can see he runs a great business. I arrived with my CEO very late in the night after a long flight and they quickly set us up and showed us the "honor" bar. My room was small but done in the most amazing prints and more comfortable than I could have imagined. Each of my needs was easily administered by the staff, they really make you feel as though they appreciate your business. Plus bringing clients back to talk and socialize in the library was fantastic. Its a well done room with a relaxed sophistication. For me being in London now always ends up with a visit to one of their hotels.

The rooms are small so keep that in mind and something on the street might be a bit loud but its still charming. Plus your in London, get out of the room and enjoy the city.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank BleeckerStreetNY
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

We were in London for 1 week combining 2 days of work with 5 days of pleasure. The Charlotte street hotel was a very good location for that. The staff at the reception were caring and looked after us well. They gave us some good advice on touring London well. The rooms were a little small but bigger than many hotels in London. Would I return, I think yes.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank francine-abroad
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2010

Lovely Hotel, excellent breakfast, great beds, great big - huge even - bathroom. If you want to splash some cash.. then this is the hotel. Not fussy but certainly elegant. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with young kids... this is they type of hotel where you want to get away from young kids...
Rather expensive though - around £ 300 per night... but oh so worth it !

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank kivapierce
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

I love boutique hotels and this one does not disappoint. The rooms are charming, with lovely decor and a decent size. The bathrooms are big. The lobby, downstairs restaurant and bar/library are all wonderful. The location is fantastic just steps away from the subway and great restaurants and pubs. We could easily walk to the theater and Regents Park. I love to walk and we easily walked to Buckingham Palace, the giant Ferris Wheel, and even Chelsea.

Our room did not get very cold even though we had the air conditioning on high. I think that is just as good as it gets. But the room was never uncomfortable. The staff was very helpful - we scored great seats to a show that we were told was sold out. I will stay here again. The gym was quite nice too.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple