“Very good quality and Excellent Value for Money”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #382 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ascot
“Very good quality and Excellent Value for Money”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Booked for one night on the Sunday Jubilee River Pageant. Really impressed with all aspects of this hotel. All the staff did a great job of coping with an exceptionally busy time. Somehow this hotel combines a stylish approach with friendliness, and good food with attractive prices. Highly recommended,

Room Tip: They do have rooms with river views ...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
NNieto, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear MPSmith,

We are thrilled that you were able to join us on the Jubilee celebrations and more importantly that you had an amazing time.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments on the staff, It gives me great pride that all our efforts to deliver a great experience for our guests have paid off and I will share your kind comments with the team, a massive thank you on behalf of everyone here at Park Plaza Riverbank.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to London,

Warm Regards,

SE1 7TJ London United Kingdom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Booked 4 rooms for the jubilee river pagaent. Hotel had a pre check-in at the door to ensure only guests were allowed in and issued wrist bands , this freed up all departments to give excellent service. Rooms are of excellent quality for the price (Booked using Quidco so received 10% discount on top of the discount given by the hotel). Concierge were amazing both on the day and the next morning and should be recognised by the company for outstanding service they gave. Only a few minutes from the tube and an amazing view. Would definatley recommend and will book again.

Room Tip: upgrade to river facing rooms , well worth it
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Michael,

Thank you for reviewing The Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you found the hotel of high quality and would like to thank you for your fantastic comments about our Concierge Team which I have passed on to them.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank for your excellent comments regarding the Jubilee Pageant, we certainly aimed to deliver an outstanding experience on this very special day to make it a great one for all our guests and I guarantee you I will share your feedback with every team member involved, we really appreciate it.

On behalf of all the team here we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area,

Best Regards,

Daylesford
Reviewed 5 June 2012

After many visits to London the Park Plaza Riverbank stands out as the best accommodation yet. Apart from contemporary comfort, the outstanding feature of this hotel are the exceptionally obliging and friendly staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them and all done so promptly. At this time of great celebration in London this hotel was the perfect base for our London visit. Thanks to the team at the Park Plaza Riverbank for making this a great stay.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank lakelad
Dear Lakelad,

Thank you for posting a fantastic review following your recent stay at The Park Plaza Riverbank London.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay on your previous stays with us but particularly happy that during this very special occasion we were able to exceed your expectations. We aimed to make this day a memorable one for all of our guests and it gives me great pride to hear that we succeeded.

I will share your comments with the team whom I assure you, would really appreciate it.

On behalf of all the team here a huge thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,

Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2012

If you want peace and quiet, away from all the bustling activities that london has to offer, then this is the place for you. Else if you are touring london, it is not convenient to travel out and return to after a long day of sightseeing. The nearest tube station is about 1km away, and you would have to change lines from most of the major attractions.

Don't believe in rooms with good views, only about 20% of the rooms are facing the river, the rest have no views, or are facing train tracks (with frequent chugging sounds), or are facing a dilapidated uninhabited building.

the only good thing about this place, the wifi I would think. For business trips, I think it has all the amenities. For someone on holiday, I would advise to look again for the same price range.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelgoGetter
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

I was a bit disappointed that you did not find our location met your needs whilst visiting London.

We are located very close to many of the London sightseeing hotspots such as London Eye,Big Ben and Westminster however transport might be needed for other spots in the city.

Also, I am glad to read you enjoyed our complimentary wireless internet and I sincerely hope you will visit us again in the future should you come on business to London.

Kindest regards,
Mario Garcia-Vao
Guest Relations Manager
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

It was my in-laws' Diamond Wedding Anniversary celebration over the Queen's jubilee weekend.
I had booked a table of 6 people for afternoon tea on the day of the river pageant.
The tea was held in the Park Plaza Riverbank's Thames Room which was the perfect spot from which to view the river spectacle. I had made a special request to the hotel staff to have a table near to the windows so that my in-laws would not have to keep getting up from their seats to view the unfolding scens on the river. The event was of course sold out, but the staff at the hotel had managed to exceed all expectation and give us what I believe was the prime spot in the whole room. The Thames Room has 180degree floor to ceiling windows giving unprecedented views up and down the river and we were positioned right at the front of the room with full viewing access. Needless to say my in-laws were absolutely delighted.
The hotel then went several steps further and presented them with a hand-written anniversary card and an edition of a hardback book about the Queen's 60 years on the throne. Finally a chocolate cake was brought to our table as yet another treat.
Overall, we all thought that the day could not have been organised any better and the experience was something that we will always remember, and I know that my in-laws will be telling the story of their memorable day out for a long time to come.
Many thanks to all involved.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Let me first thank you for your review about our Afternoon Tea during the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee weekend.

It is our absolute pleasure to have assisted you and your family to make a special occasion as memorable as you described. I will make sure your comments are shared with the team members involved and the rest of the Management team.

I hope you will visit us again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Mario Garcia-Vao
Guest Relations Manager
Wales
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I attended a conference and stayed two nights at this hotel. Firstly, given the hotel was hosting the event and the rooms was saved for the speakers, which I was one, you would think we would have had reserved nice rooms. Our one was okay, but we had no view whatsoever. This is a shame given we are right by the river Thames. So firstly be careful what room you book and ask for one with a view.

The reception check in was very, slow even though there wasn't another person at the desk, the 3 staff behind the desk seem to have more important issues than checking me in. Disappointing given that I was in a rush to attend the conference.

However, the food in the cafe was truly brilliant. The Chicken salad was so tasty I went back for more the following day. My girls child meal was also delicious and so was our breakfast. As far as hotel prices, coupled with London weighting the prices weren't that bad. The service was warm, friendly and amenable which again was excellent given the awkward needs of my 10 year old.

Overall it was good, let down by silly small things.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, and have the chicken salad ;-)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Modern hotel within 10 minute walk to London Eye, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, etc. A little longer to Victoria Station area and Buckingham Palace. Short walk to the Tube. Very professional business center and free in-room wi-fi. Good breakfast if on the B&B plan. Recommend highly and will stay there whenever in London.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team may I thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent visit to The Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel London.

The location as stated really is amazing for all that London has to offer, with many of the attractions on our doorstep.

It’s great to read that the Business Centre met your needs, and I trust should you visit London again in the future you will consider Riverbank, and we look forward to welcoming you.

Greg Moorehead