“Park Plaza no view”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #386 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel was ok - i have stayed in better. The room was quite noisy as near the lifts which seemed to run all night !! Also i had requested a river view which i didn't get and wasn't told that it was extra for this.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was saddened to read that the room you had was not to your liking.
At Park Plaza Riverbank we have different catagories of rooms within the hotel with different views ranging from Thames, Parliment and City views.
Depending on the catagory of room booked can also determine which views are recieved.
I do hope you return to us soon and if so I would be pleased to hear from you so I may oversee your booking and give you the view you would like pertaining to your room catagory booked.
Sibcerely,

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza London Riverbank

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Although the hotel facilities and rooms were good we felt the service was poor.
We had an early dinner in the restuarant before the show we had booked and specifically asked if we had time for a starter and desert pointing out we had a show booked. We were told there was time but then waited nearly 20 minutes for our starter (we were the first in the restuarant and during our meal there was only one other table occupied). After completing our starter we were told there would be a delay on our main meals as the chef had made a mistake with one of the meals. I asked the waiter to arrange for a taxi for 7:10pm. We finished our meal at 7:08 - but no taxi. We had to find our own and were 20 minutes late for the show.
Fortunately we had booked a box therefore were able to see the rest .
At breakfast we were not told that there were items for an additional cost which could be ordered.
We only noticed whilst we were finishing our coffee and both of us would have chosen to order one
of the choices available for an extra cost.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room change if you are in "the back" of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I would like to apologise also for the comments that I have read, I can assure you that this is not how we operate at Park Plaza and I have emailed you directly to resolve your experience here with us.
Paul James Sanchez.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Room service - Daniel - very polite and food very good.
Bar is expensive. Restaurant needs to offer more traditional food. Would happily stay again. Room nice and quiet. Easy reach of all London has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your lovely mention of Daniel, all of us at Park Plaza are always happy when we give our guests great service and also when a guest mentions us by name.
We are in a great location near many transport points and right next to The Thames.
Thank you again and I look forward to your return to Park Plaza Riverbank.
Sincerely and in your service,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is our second stay and it did not disappoint. Apart from the overall look of the hotel the one thing that stands out is the staff. From first entering the hotel via the doormen to reception to the breakfast staff we experienced constantly friendly and professional attention. We stayed in room 925 which was both spacious and had a very comfortable bed. A very good breakfast too !! Will definitely be back. A big thanks to all the staff.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments you had left. It is truly gratifying to read such wonderful praise, we really do our best to give all our guests the Park Plaza Riverbank experience.
It is comments like yours that brighten our day and helps us to deliver that personal touch to our guests and not the humdrum stale approach.
I look forward to welcoming you back to us soon.
Sincerely and in your service,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed for two nights and ate in the restaurant both nights. Firstly, warm professional greeting, no waiting, room was 6th floor to the rear of the property overlooking railway lines and a building site. I phoned Reception and asked if there was any other rooms available. They kindly moved me to a 4th floor side of building room with views of Westminster (albeit still overlooking a building site tho this is not the hotels fault). The room was clean, great beds, great shower and quality products. Now to really gush....the restaurant is fab...the food is Asian fusion .... Fabulous presentation, fabulous ambiance, greet staff... I want to eat my way through the whole menu! Breakfast is on lower ground floor and was a great start to the day....both days the staff were very chirpy and bright. Location: fab...just across the Thames from Westminster so ideal for sight seeing. There is also a lovely little pub called The Rose just along the road which also does food (which I am told is lovely food too). I very much enjoyed my stay .....the Park Plaza Riverbank have got everything right....I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladybird2254
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor!

I was thrilled to learn that you had such an amazing stay with us - and that you got the chance to enjoy the famous Chino Latino Bar & Restaurant.

We will all look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel. Great hotel, lovely rooms and very helpful staff. Lovely breakfast. Stay made all that more special as I had emailed the hotel ahead of our stay to say we were celebrating my friends 50th birthday and she was greeted with a bottle of wine, card and balloons placed in her room by the staff. This was really lovely and I was really pleased they had acted on my email and arranged this for her. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your recommendation!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Park Plaza Riverbank on such a special occasion, I am glad we could be of service.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Several 'small' issues that make our stay less pleasant. We're staying here another night, have had two. Biggest issue is the noise of the train and building site; terrible!! We hardly get any sleep, which is not the idea of an (expensive) hotel! After complaint were offered another room a few storyes higher but still on same side of the hotel. Other rooms were 'fully booked'. Yeah right.

Dirty bathroom, fridge that wouldnt open without creditcard, tv didnt work (is fixed), airconditioning doesnt cool, cold coffee at breakfast because we were seated underneath an airconditioning that DID work (freezing), had to ask three times for a cup of tea with teabag on the the side, still didnt get it. And more of these stupid little things that make it not a four star hotel for us.

Most of the staff is very kind.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Thomas S
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online.

I was disappointed to read about your experience with us on this occasion, please accept my sincere apologise. We have a manager on site 24 hours - do let us know if there was anything that we could help with.

Again, thank you for your feedback, this is much appreciated.