“Nice hotel, good location”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #382 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Nice hotel, good location”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel for four consecutive nights with my wife. I was attending a conference at the IMO headquarters. The hotel is very conveniently located just adjacent to the IMO seat. The rooms and the bathrooms are spacious with all the amenities. The public spaces are pleasant and the hotel staff very professional, helpfull and polite. Unfortunately I was not able to get a room with a river view and instead I got one very close to the rail. The noise, particularly during the night, is quite annoying. The breakfast was gracious with plenty of choices. Overall we enjoyed our stay at this nice and convenient hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a river view. Avoid rooms close to the rail.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay.
I was happy to hear that your interaction with our staff was met with professionalism, politeness and most importantly, friendliness.
We are proud of our restaurant and staff who always try to give all our guests exactly what they require.
Sincerely and in your service,
Paul James Sanchez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oacifica, CA
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights while at a conference in London in Sept. 2013. I decided to go late to the conference at the last minute so I used Priceline where you name your price. I entered $150 per night and this hotel came up - 4 stars - incredible. Huge room (buy London Standards) , incredible bathrooms - full tub, separate shower, 24 hour room service, fantastic restaurant in the hotel, and wonderful and helpful staff in all positions. If you have ever tried to stay in London for $150 per night - well you know what that gets you - a closet out in the suburbs....I was right across the river from Big Ben....it could not have been a better location!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Robin,

What an amazing review - thank you ever so much.

Most of all, I appreciate your positive comments towards our staff, it is of paramount importance for us to deliver the best service across all departments.

On behalf of all the entire team here at Park Plaza Riverbank, thank you for your business and we should hope to see you again very soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just wanna praise the authentic service by front office staff, Natonya.
She had certainly turn an unpleasant check-in experience by an unhelpful colleague quoting a typical line, "Computer says NO" to a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view rooms when possible coz it's quite noisy facing the rail.
Dear Elvin,

Thank you for your input - I will make sure that your comments are shared with the rest of the team.

We shall look forward to you your future visits.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. Hotel was very nice and the reception staff were very polite and helpful. I stayed in room 821 which was quite close to the lift and there was some noise as the lift was used, but not enough to keep me awake.

Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and although busy I did not have to wait for a table.

Hotel is walkable from Westminster where I was working. Very little by way of places to eat or get a drink near the hotel and I ended up walking back to Westminster Bridge to find somewhere suitable.

Room was very comfortable and well equipped. Overall very nice

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Craig,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor, this is much appreciated.

We should hope to see you again some time soon.

Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here on business for one night as all the other preferred hotels were very expensive. The location isn't too bad between Vauxhall and Lambeth bridges, although there isn't a massive amount going on around the area.

Staff seem polite enough. I was put in a room right next to the lifts which is really annoying. They must know that the noise of the lift in rooms like this is really unacceptable. Avoid these rooms. The room itself was OK but it looked out onto an atrium, so no natural light.

The food in the bar was OK but expensive. Watch it they add on a 12% service charge. Breakfast on the inclusive deal is in a room in the basement so you are quite squashed in.

Overall the hotel is OK but expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: I would try at least to get some natural light and avoid the lifts.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was sorry to hear that the room you had was not to your liking, nor the breakfast room.
Our rooms have many a position, yours being the Atrium view which faces inward giving the quietest possible location though you were put nearer to the guest lift. Should our guests not like the position of their particular room we are always on hand to accomodate a different view depending on availability.
I do so hope you will return to Park Plaza Riverbank and I would very much like to hear from you so I may personally oversee your room allocation.
Sincerely and in your service,
Paul James Sanchez.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My boyfriend took me to London for the weekend for my birthday and we stayed here. He'd mentioned to the hotel when booking that it was my birthday and asked if we could have a room with a nice view. To our surprise we walked in to not only an amazing room with a cool, modern theme - but the most stunning view of the Thames and Houses of Parliament. Not only that, they'd left us a bottle of wine and a birthday card. All staff were extremely polite, smiley and helpful. The room was immaculate, and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom also lovely. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving such wonderful comments and I am overjoyed that you had enjoyed your stay.
It is truly heart warming when I hear that we make our guests special occasions ones to rememeber as those memories stay with you and that we at Park Plaza are part of them.
I hope you return soon!
Sinvcerely and in your service,
London
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel was ok - i have stayed in better. The room was quite noisy as near the lifts which seemed to run all night !! Also i had requested a river view which i didn't get and wasn't told that it was extra for this.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was saddened to read that the room you had was not to your liking.
At Park Plaza Riverbank we have different catagories of rooms within the hotel with different views ranging from Thames, Parliment and City views.
Depending on the catagory of room booked can also determine which views are recieved.
I do hope you return to us soon and if so I would be pleased to hear from you so I may oversee your booking and give you the view you would like pertaining to your room catagory booked.
Sibcerely,