We stayed at this hotel on the 22nd for one night. Firstly the hotel is a good location for most places although I would suggest taking the tube from the near station to get around as it can be a bit of a trek to walk in to the touristy places.
When we arrived at the hotel we were impressed by the look of the hotel and thought it felt quite upmarket. Check-in was easy although the member of staff seemed a bit soulless and distracted. (It was quite busy in the hotel at the time). Unfortunately, we weren't offered the upgrade we had applied for. We thought it was a bit of an unnecessary expense but after walking along the river we were tempted more by the idea as the view looked like it would make it worth the money. (I will point out that The London Bridge Hotel offered us an upgrade for free in the summer. If you have empty rooms it will make you more popular to offer them as a good gesture rather than make people decide in advance whether they would like to be offered a pricey upgrade.)
Our room was easy to find but some of the carpets were looking a bit tired on the way to the room. The room itself was spacious and had everything we needed although the bed was a bit uncomfortable. I liked the sofa area and the lighting in the room. We did find the tv a bit confusing to use as every time we wanted to go back to the channel list it went back to the main menu. Bathroom was nice, had a lovely bath, however the shower leaked on the floor and was impossible to turn off without constant dripping. Complimentary toiletries were nice.
We didn't use any room service options as I just think they are too pricey in all hotels. However, we were disappointed about not having any drinking water. I know at some hotels this is something you only get with a fancier room but it's nice when it's there. We had to take a bottle out of the mini bar, only to find that it was already open which was a bit worrying and put us off drinking the water which we were charged for. Lots of storage space, bathrobes looking a bit tired. The view wasn't great and people in building opposite could see into our room. (I suspect an upgraded room would be a great deal better). A lot of people have mentioned the noise from the station which was annoying but really in London what can you expect?
Went down the breakfast to find it packed! There was a 'traffic light system' in place that showed the best times to eat for quickest service but we weren't made aware of this beforehand. Had to queue for breakfast which was a bit annoying but we were seated quite quickly by a polite member of staff. The table was still dirty when we sat down but another polite member of staff came and cleared it up. (I will say the staff lack a bit of warmth). The selection of breakfast options was great but the hot options had all gone cold, I guess due to the busy time we came in.
Check out was fast although we felt a bit like they were just trying to get us out, no thank you or anything. A smile will go a long way!
Overall this hotel has the potential to be really good but little things bring down the experience. It was good for one night but we have stayed in better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Millbank and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of the city, Park Plaza London Riverbank offers stunning four-star deluxe accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of both London Waterloo and Vauxhall railway stations as well as Westminster Underground. Following a spectacular renovation, Park Plaza London Riverbank now offers 489 sumptuous guest rooms, including Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suites, some with stunning river views. The modern fitness suite is open 24 hours a day and features a range of cardio and weight equipment. Located on the first floor, Chino Latino(R) Restaurant & Bar, the Lounge and a fresh new Sushi Bar offer tantalising cuisine with beautiful 180-degree panoramic views of the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Easy Market Spa, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Park Plaza London Riverbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Riverbank Park Plaza London