“Great staff, sweet hotel and a nice fitness room”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #386 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Great staff, sweet hotel and a nice fitness room”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Super service, good standards, clean, spacious rooms and location not to far from Vauxhall tube station. Direct line to Oxford Circus (Victoria line). Taxi to Victoria station is around 9£. I always book a hotell with fitness facilities, and was surprised by the good standards (many London hotels has really small fitness rooms). My photos show the equipment.

Room Tip: Ask for a view towards the Thames
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lise Marie K
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you and what a great review!
Our fitness room is mostly overlooked as guests tend to jog and run by the Thames so it was with great pleasure that you used this room, our regular guests do make great use of these facilities but our guests who are here for a short break tend to like the Thames due to visiting London for the first time. But when the cold snap hits it is a great benefit of our hotel to have this here.
Your review was wonderful, I hope to see you soon,
Paul James Sanchez.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

our stay at this hotel was wonderful. we had a room with an absolutely incredible view.the staff was perfect,has organised the best room ever for our anniversary.everyone of my friends visiting london I will for sure recommend to stay at this hotel. would lobe to return there as soon as possible!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Well what can I say?... wow! what a great time you must of had.
I really do love reading these comments as that is what we try to do here, make all our guests have that perfect stay.
When you next book here with us, please drop me an email so I can oversee your booking and I would like to meet you in person as unfortunately I can not meet every one of our guests.
See you soon!
Paul James Sanchez
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had a riverview room - great! Bed was comfortable, and room was nicely appointed. Room service was inconsistant, and I'm not sure that glasses and cups were actually cleaned by a dishwasher or by the cleaning lady in the room (saw one wash my glass in the sink and put it back - wasn't really impressed by that). Was in London for a two week business trip - would have preferred a bigger space in the fridge for my items.

Room Tip: Paying the extra money for the river view is worth it. Know that there are not many places to eat di...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving your post.
The rooms do indeed have great views!
Pertaining to your other comments, we take all feedback from our guests very seriously and we take action as soon as we hear it.
Our guests comments are invaluable to us and I can assure you that we strive to have all of our guest have that great Park Plaza Riverbank experience.
I look forward to your return.
Sincerely and in your service,
sheffield
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I know that someone has to have the room overlooking the building site and railway line but why us? I booked this hotel having viewed it online as part of my partners Christmas present as we were coming down to London to see Jersey Boys.

The room was very tired and had the poorest view of any hotel that i had ever stayed in, i asked the receptionist who had checked us in if there were any rooms available with a nicer view and was told that for £30 we could have a junior suite (i think he missed the point) whatever happens try to avoid room 107

Room Tip: ask to see the room before you check in!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank louis smith
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Louis Smith,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I was very disappointed to read your review, I have emailed you directly for some more details so that we could learn from this experience and do better in future.

Again, your feedback is much appreciated, thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Maciej Hille
Senior Guest Relations Manager
Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at PPR during a two day business trip to London. First impressions were excellent, the hotel has a beautiful entrance with a very stylish nicely-lit reception and lounge area. Check-in was smooth and efficient and I was pleasantly surprised to be told that I’d been “upgraded” to a “Superior Room”. It felt like a bit of a cheap con-trick when I found out that the “Superior” room is the standard room and there hadn’t really been an upgrade.

As mentioned the reception/lobby/lift area was of an extremely high standard. I was allocated a room on the 10th floor. The view was very disappointing [I was looking out at the back of another tower block] However other than that it was very good. The room had a large bed, airconditioning, and all the fittings you would expect from a modern hotel. The bathroom was quite spacious and well fitted out. I ordered room service which arrived very promptly and the food was delicious. Breakfast the following morning was also tasty with lots of choice.

Overall I would say that this is an extremely good hotel, easily a 4-star standard, with good staff, excellent accommodation, and very good catering.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AmreenK109
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Park Plaza Riverbank on TripAdvisor.

Your review is simply fantastic to read and will be shared throughout the Hotel.

Thank you for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.
Kind regards,

Ebi Patani
Guest Relatioins Manager
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were there for two nights in December '13 in a river view room. Great to wake up to a view of Big Ben & Parliament across the Thames. There was construction going on on both sides of the hotel, but not at times that disturbed sleep. Vauxhall station is only a 5-10 minute walk, Waterloo station is 10-15 in the opposite direction. There are a number of restaurants and pubs between the hotel and Vauxhall.
Very clean, comfortable room and bath. The hallways could do with some sprucing up/new carpet, but it isn't enough to keep me from going back. The construction will have an effect on the downriver view from the room we were in.

The front desk and concierge staff were exceptional. Thank you.

Room Tip: River view on an upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OffToAlmostAnywhere
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time post your review.

We appreciate your kind words, hopefully we will get the chance to host you again some time soon.

Kind regards,

Ebi Patani
Guest Relations Manager
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hotel itself was a nice place, could have done with a little updating and a carpet clean, and the service was excellent. However, my room was above a building site and next to a tube track... Pneumatic drills and trains do not make for good sleep! If you only want to relax between midnight and 5am then it's a great hotel, they even have veggie sausages on the breakfast menu!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Hollie S
PaulJamesSanchez, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for for posting your review.
It is always a pleasure to hear our guest's comments, negative or positive, so we may build on the feedback to enhance our already great service.
Having veggie sausages is a plus in my book too!!
I look forward to your return,