“satisfactory”

Ranked #382 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London
“satisfactory”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Although the stay was satisfactory and the room was quite big and very clean - I left a pashmina in the bar and when the following morning I explained this in reception they said that they could not find it.Although a day later a member of staff said they had seen it at the bar and they will forward it to me t-this never happened although I made every effort to repeatedly ask for my pashmina. I was promised it would be sent and I am still waiting. Poor customer service at best.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Isabel,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was delighted to read how much you liked the hotel. I have emailed you directly to obtain some more details regarding your lost item - if it has been found we will be happy to send it to your postal address.

Once again, thank you for your input.

Yours sincerely,

Maciej Hille
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Spent two nights here 17th Feb close to the tube at Vauxhall though taxi from Euston was £12. The room was spacious and very clean, the beds are kingsize and very comfortable. Very good views of both the river and Big Ben, I would recommend this to friends without a doubt. Well done to the staff for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am glad to have read that you had a pleasant stay with us and thank you for your recommendations.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully very soon.

Wales
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel has an excellent location. We up-graded to a room with a view and boy was it worth it!! The room itself was spacious, spotlessly clean and had all the usual refinements for a hotel of this standard. The bed was comfortable and the pillow menu great as I never get on with hotel pillows... But this time I did. Breakfast was good and staff friendly. Booked this stay last minute and got an excellent rate... Wanted to go back in April, but can't afford it lol

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra and get a room with a river view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

WOW what a post!! My favourite part of your review has to be, that you found our pillows most comfortable. A good night rest is all in the bed and pillows I like to say.

Thank you for taking the time to post a perfect review.

Please do message in regards to your to visit in April.

Derby
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel after being recommended by a travel agent, I wanted the weekend to be extra special as it was a surprise for my girlfriend. Before the trip I contacted the guest relations manager Ebi Patani, who couldn't of been more helpful. I planned the weekend around proposing to my girlfriend, and as I'm not familiar with London I wanted to know where the best restaurants, bars and places to visit were, which Ebi and his colleagues were extremely knowledgable with. They helped me plan every last detail from a welcoming room upgrade, strawberries and champagne upon arrival in the room and helping me choose the restaurant that I proposed in. Overall the hotel is in an amazing location, lovely rooms, friendly staff and I highly recommend the hotel to everyone I speak to. Will definitely be returning soon, I wouldn't think of booking any other hotel in London..... And what made the weekend even more perfect is she said YES !!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davy H
Dear Davy,

Amazing recommendation, thank you very much!

I could not be happier to read all your positive comments - and even more to learn that the proposal went as planned :)

We shall look forward to your next visit very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Maciej Hille
Senior Guest Relations Manager
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a short London break and this setting was brilliant.Room was great with a stunning view of the river and such famous landmarks. Staff very helpful. Breakfast more than enough to start the day. Good setting for Tourists wishing to tour the Capitol.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Donna,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Thank you so much for a wonderful post a perfect 5 we could not ask for more.

Please feel free to message me on your return visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Booked this hotel for our honeymoon. After the initial problem with our room not being ready (which we were compensated for incidentally), we had absolutely no complaints. The room was very clean and the staff were extremely helpful. The major bonus was the fact that the hotel was a 10 minute walk to both the London Eye and Vauxhall train station/underground. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am so pleased to see that you had a great time at our hotel, even though the room was not ready when you arrived.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Guest Relations Manager.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed on 15th Feb loved the hotel. Nice big room overlooking the Thames. Comfy bed. Clean room. Only 10 min walk to embankment. Bar a bit on the dear side but we went out anyway. Friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014
Ebi P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.